These delicious whole grain blender breakfast muffins are made with pureed strawberries and bananas and 100% white whole wheat flour for a healthy on-the-go breakfast.
Guess what Linley and I restarted?
Oh em gee this show is bringing me back to high school. I just finished season 2 AND I CAN’T STOP. I think I’ve only seen up to season 4 or 5 (back in the day), but word on the street is that it just keeps getting better. I think it’s crazy that the show is still on! Did you know it first aired in 2005 . IT’S 2016 people…that’s 13 seasons and 269 episodes. Anyways- I’m super pumped to waste away a good chunk of my life over the next few months watching Grey’s 🙂
I’m back with another Almond Breeze recipe today —> Whole Grain Breakfast Muffins that are made with 100% white whole wheat flour, and tons of fiber. They are dairy-free and the PERFECT dense and delicious breakfast muffin.
You guys- these muffins are AMAZING. They’re packed with tons of good stuff including purred strawberries and bananas! I love that they take under 30 minutes to make from prep time to bake time. Want to know my secret?
A BLENDER. Yah literally throw all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. It saves a ton of time and you only have to get 1 thing dirty. In this recipe I used Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened…my go-to almond milk! This is the stuff that I buy on a regular basis. We’re talking at least 2 gallons a week. #sorryotsorry
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh
- 1 banana, medium
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- honey + unsweetened coconut flakes
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray with nonstick coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Place almond milk, honey, banana, and strawberries in a blender and mix on high until strawberries are pulverized and the consistency is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the coconut oil) and blend on high until smooth.
- Finally, partially melt your coconut oil and add to batter and blend on high one more time until everything is mixed.
- Fill the muffins almost to the top with batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 muffin Calories: 184 Sugar: 14 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Because all muffins deserve yummy things on top…we drizzled these bad boys with honey and then dipped them in flaked coconut. You’ve got options when it comes to toppings. You could…
- melt some chocolate
- make a homemade frosting
- NUT BUTTER
- plain Jane
I tried all 4 in addition to the flaked coconut 🙂