By Lee Hersh
I was thinking about something the other day. It was the fact that I felt like I secluded myself to just “food” blogging. FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD. When I first started FFF, it was very much so a “healthy living” blog, where I talked about all different aspects of my life. Over the past 4 years it has morphed into a very healthy recipe focused site. Nothing wrong with that….at all, but in all honesty I miss talkin’ fitness on this thing!
So much of my life revolves around healthy living and fitness, but I have for some reason shunned that out of this outlet. I set a goal for myself at the beginning of 2014 and it was to bring more fitness onto FFF.
So, who is ready for Get Fit Thursdays!?
Today I am sharing a 45 minute, full-body bodyweight strength circuit workout. Jeeze that is a mouthful! In this workout you will hit upper-body, lower-body, and even get in some cardio, with those heart-pumping tabatas in between.
In case you would live more clarification on this workout, I have a detailed description of each exercise below this image.
- Lunge – Knee Driver – Squat: Start standing with your feet together. Then, step back with your right leg, lunge down, then drive your right knee into your chest. Step that right knee out into a squat. Stand back up and tap your right foot back to center. Repeat on the other side.
- Dolphin Push-Ups: Start in forearm plank. Use your core, quads, and shoulders to lift your butt into the air like a dolphin. Repeat.
- Squat + Calf Raise: Stand with your feet hip width distance apart. Keeping your chest lifted and weight in your heels, squat down. Then stand up and, rocking your weight into your toes and lifting your heels for a calf raise.
- Box Planks: Start in high plank. Then, lower your right elbow down, then your left elbow down so that you are in forearm plank. Press your right arm back up and then your left arm back up. Repeat.
- Tip Top Squats: Start squatted down on your toes and finger tips. Keeping your heels off the ground, lift your booty. Then, lower back down. Repeat.
- Down Dog Push-Ups: Start in down dog. Then bend at the elbows, lowering your upper-body towards the ground. Press back up.
- Alternating Curtsy Lunges: Start with your feet hip-width apart. Then step your right leg back so that your right foot is to left of your left leg. Lunge down and press pack up to stand feet hip-width. Alternate sides. Make sure to keep your chest lifted and back flat!
- Falling Chaturanga Push-Ups: Start on your knees. Keeping your back flat, fall forward, catching yourself with your hands. Lower down into a modified chaturunga (tricep push-up), pinning your elbows in. Spring yourself back up. Repeat.
For those that would like to save this workout to their phone with NO photos…here you go!
What kind of workouts do you want to see? ie: dumb bell, cardio, tabata, interval, strength, bodyweight, etc!