How is it Thursday already?! I feel like it was just Monday.
I think one thing that has made my week go by so fast is the variety of workouts I have been doing. ClassPass recently came to the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and I have been LOVING this membership. For $79/month you get access to tons of different boutique studios, which you can go up to 3 times per month. So far I’ve gone to Barre Bliss and Pellicano Endurance Coaching, both in St. Louis Park. Between the two, I LOVED the group strength class at Pellicano….it was crossfitty, challenging, and sweaty! Barre Bliss was just okay, but I think that’s because I really do enjoy sweating :D I have plans to go to Haute Barre, Modo Yoga, and Kula Yoga next week!
On top of my ClassPass membership, I go to Surge Cycling (BEST STUDIO EVER) on a regular basis, as well as LA Fitness (worst gym EVER), which is my nearest gym. I also teach at Corepower Yoga and go to those classes on a regular basis. Uhh- I guess you could call me a studio fitness junkie :D
So back to this workout. When I did my little reader survey last month, I got a lot of great feedback from the workouts I posted in 2014, which I’m thrilled about! I got some requests to post more 15-20 minute workouts for on-the-go or travel purposes. Short workouts are my jam. I love to get in and get out…but still sweat a lot. That’s where plyometric and interval training come in. Jack the heart rate up and bring it back done. Reapeat.
Here is a short, but sweet 15 minute workout I did over the holidays while in Kansas…
15-Minute Fat Blasting Workout
Do each exercise for 45 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds. Do the circuit 3 times through (or more!).
- Burpees: Stand with your feet hip-width distance apart. Then, bend down and plant your hands on the ground, jump back into plank pose and then right back into a squat and jump up. Repeat.
- Single-Let Jump Lugnes (right side): Begin in a 90/90 lunge, with your right leg forward. Keep your back flat, chest lifted, and both legs at a 90 degree bend the entire time. Use your arms and core, jump off both feet and land lightly back down. Repeat.
- High to Forearm Plank: Begin in high plank pose with your shoulders stand directly over your wrists and feet hip-width distance apart. Your spin should be long (keep that butt down!). Then, lower your right elbow to the mat, then your left keeping your hips as parallel to the ground as possible. Lift back up to your right palm and then your left palm. Repeat.
- Single-Leg Jump Lunges (left side): Begin in a 90/90 lunge, with your left leg forward. Keep your back flat, chest lifted, and both legs at a 90 degree bend the entire time. Use your arms and core, jump off both feet and land lightly back down. Repeat.
- Jump Squat + Heel Tap: Begin with your feet hip-width distance apart. Lower down into a squat keeping the weight in your heels and chest lifted. Explode up and as you do so, bring your heels to touch. Land with feet hip-width distance and go right into your next jump squat.