Sunday night dinner never felt so easy!
For this magnificent show stoppin’ recipe, all you need are 2 ingredients: chicken breast and homemade pesto!
Member the delicious 5-minute homemade pesto I shared this past week?
Whip up a big batch of that and you are on your way to a delicious meal!
I cut up my chicken breasts, threw them in a gallon size bag, poured on my pesto and mixed it all together. The pesto marinade stuck quite nicely. If you’re really feeling crazy, you can add some garlic powder for some extra flavor.
Stick your chicken on metal skewers, throw them on a foil covered baking dish and you’re good to go.
You’ll want to make sure you cut your chicken pieces all relatively the same size so that they cook evenly. Mine took about 30 minutes to fully cook.
I served the skewers on top of a bed of red quinoa with some sliced avocado.
An avocado a day…keeps the doctor away.
But seriously- I think I eat at least half an avocado a day!
These skewers make for a great dinner or snack!
For some reason, lately I’ve been craving meat as my snack instead of my usual sweet craving. Having these on hand during the week was really nice for a quick bite.
Baked Pesto Chicken Skewers
- 1/2 cup 5 Minute Homemade Pesto
- 3 large chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Then, line a baking sheet with foil.
- Next, prep chicken by slicing into 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch chunks. Transfer diced chicken into a gallon size bag and pour in pesto. Shake, coating the chicken breast completely with pesto.
- Slide chicken breast onto metal skewers. You’ll be able to make 5-6 skewers. Place skewers onto baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
Want more chicken recipes? Here are my 3 favs from the blog (clearly I heart Asian flavors)!