You’re going to love this healthy air fryer dessert recipe –> Air Fryer Banana Split – chunky monkey style!
The other day I had my air fryer out for a different recipe (our air fryer salmon bites) and decided to whip up a viral recipe I saw on Instagram. I love peanut butter and banana, so slicing it up and air frying it with chocolate was a no-brainer. Turns out, my 1-year-old loved it too!
A quick rundown: All you have to do is slice a banana and stuff it with peanut butter and chocolate chips. Wrap it in a piece of tin foil and air fry at 400ºF for 6 minutes. Then, top with chopped peanuts and sea salt!
What You Need for this Air Fryer Banana Split
- Ripe bananas
- Peanut butter
- Mini chocolate chips
- Sea salt
Don’t forget tin foil!
Also, make sure to have some tin foil on hand because you’ll wrap your banana up so that it gets nice and toasty without oozing out in your air fryer.
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
How Long to Air Fryer a Banana Split?
This air fryer dessert cooks up in no time! Set your air fryer to 400ºF and cook for around 6 minutes.
Different Variations and Topping Ideas
We went the chunky monkey route because it’s truly the best flavor, but you could serve this with so many other toppings, too.
- Coconut cream and toasted coconut
- Almond butter and marshmallows
- Ice cream and caramel sauce
- Cashew butter and sprinkles
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Air Fryer Banana Split
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉.
- Cut each banana down the middle about ¾ of the way through. Cut through the top peel and through the banana but make sure to keep the bottom peel intact.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter down the middle of each banana. Then top them with 1 teaspoon of mini chocolate chips each.
- Wrap each banana in tin foil, closing the foil on top of the banana to make for easy opening.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the bananas from air fryer and carefully unwrap it. Top with chopped peanuts and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and serve.
Tips & Notes
- The cooking time will vary depending on how ripe the bananas are.
- Any nut butter would work in this recipe.
- This is a great breakfast or dessert recipe.