Get ready to make homemade Dole Whip! Our 4-ingredient Dole Whip recipe is equal parts refreshing and creamy. Top with sprinkles, and enjoy.
Ahh So Refreshing!
This Dole Whip recipe is so dang refreshing! It comes together in just 4 ingredients, making it a quick and easy dessert the whole family will enjoy all summer long.
PS: Dole Whip is similar to our banana nice cream, but is bananaless!
Why you’ll love it!
Dairy free: This Dole Whip is 100% dairy free!
Tastes like sunshine: It’s true! Dole Whip is sunshine in your mouth.
Ready in 15 minutes: Food process the ingredients, pipe or scoop into a bowl and ENJOYYYY!
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is a pineapple flavored soft serve-style ice cream that is typically dairy free. It was originally created by the food company Dole, and has since gained in popularity as an iconic dessert served at Disney Theme Parks.
Ingredients for Dole Whip
You’re just 4 ingredients away from this deliciously creamy and flavorful Dole Whip! You’ll need:
- Frozen pineapple: Feel free to buy bagged frozen pineapple from the grocery store, or freeze your own fresh pineapple in chunks at home. Just make sure your pineapple chunks are COMPLETELY frozen before starting this Dole Whip.
- Full fat coconut milk: Full fat coconut milk is crucial to the creaminess and texture of this Dole Whip! Don’t use low fat coconut milk or you risk runny Dole Whip with a less creamy flavor.
- Vanilla extract: A little goes a long way!
- Honey: Our recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, but feel free add more if you like a sweeter Dole Whip 😀
How to Make Dole Whip
Blend Pineapple + Coconut Milk
Place the frozen pineapple and 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If the Dole Whip isn’t blending, add 1-2 tablespoons more of coconut milk at a time until it’s creamy.
Add Vanilla + Honey
Add the vanilla extract and honey into the food processor and blend again until combined and smooth.
Freeze dole whip
When all of the ingredients are smooth and creamy, spoon the dole whip into a piping bag or large gallon sized bag. Seal the bag and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Pipe Dole Whip
Pipe the dole whip using your favorite tip into a bowl or cone, and top with your favorite toppings 😀 ENJOY!
How to Freeze Pineapple
Simply cut the pineapple evenly into chunks, and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place the entire sheet in the freezer for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight to ensure your pineapple is completely frozen.
When you take your pineapple out of the freezer, you’ll just need to scrape them off the parchment paper and place right in the blender (if you’re making this Dole Whip right away), or into a Ziploc or Stasher bag to keep in the freezer for later use.
Freezing the chunked pineapple on a baking sheet will prevent your pineapple from sticking together when you place it in a bag.
Toppings for Dole Whip
- Fresh berries
- Dried coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate syrup
Not all food processors are created equal: How long you process the dole whip will be determined by the strength of the food processor. It will take approximately 6-10 minutes depending on your food processor.
Make sure the pineapple is frozen before starting this Dole Whip: You can use fresh pineapple if you would like for this Dole Whip, but make sure to freeze it in chunks before starting. Peel, cut, and freeze fresh pineapple a day before making the dole whip, it’s that simple!
Make it sweeter: Looking for a sweeter Dole Whip? Feel free to add 1 more tablespoon of honey when food processing.
Dole Whip tastes creamy from the coconut milk, and refreshing from the pineapple. It typically has the consistency of soft serve ice cream or sorbet.
Dole Whip is typically made from frozen pineapple, a cream such as ice cream or milk, and a sweetener such as sugar or honey.
Many Dole Whip recipes are vegan, however our recipe features honey. If you’d like to make this recipe vegan, substitute for a vegan sweetener.
Store this Dole Whip in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. Removing as much air as possible from the bag or container you’re storing it in will help prevent freezer burn.
- Shredded coconut
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Place the frozen pineapple and 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If the dole whip isn’t blending, add 1-2 tablespoons more of coconut milk at a time until the dole whip blends.*
- Add the vanilla extract and honey into the food processor and blend again until combined and smooth.
- When all of the ingredients are smooth and creamy, spoon the dole whip into a piping bag or large gallon sized bag.
- Seal the bag and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the freezer and soften the dole whip with your hands for a few seconds.
- Pipe the dole whip using your favorite tip into a cup or bowl and top with your favorite toppings such as shredded coconut and sprinkles.
Tips & Notes
- How long you process the dole whip will be determined by your blender, it takes between 6-10 minutes depending on your food processor.
- Frozen pineapple comes in white and yellow. Which color of frozen pineapple you use will determine what color the dole whip is.
- You can use fresh pineapple if you would like. Peel, cut, and freeze fresh pineapple a day before making the dole whip.
- If you would like a sweeter dole whip, you can add 1 more tablespoon of honey to your dole whip.