This 5-ingredient Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream boasts the same creamy deliciousness of traditional raspberry ice cream, but without all those fillers.
Plus, this recipe is dairy free, vegan, and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. Dessert is served!
A Perfect Sweet Treat
If you’re looking for a deliciously pretty sweet treat, this is it! This raspberry chocolate chunk banana nice cream truly is as pretty as it is delicious, AND you can whip up a batch in 5 minutes. What’s not to love?!
What is Banana Nice Cream?
Banana nice cream is a frozen dessert made with a frozen banana base. If you have frozen bananas and a little bit of milk (or any kind of liquid), then you can make banana nice cream!
Banana nice cream was first created as a homemade vegan ice cream recipe substitute, but even if you’re not vegan, you will still love it!
The reason it’s called “nice cream” is because it mimics classic ice cream, but is better for you. It’s also sometimes called banana soft serve because if you eat it straight out of the food processor, it has a similar consistency to soft serve.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
What You Need
You only need 5 ingredients for this raspberry chocolate chunk banana nice cream! Round up:
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen raspberries
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Chocolate chunks
Why Frozen Bananas and Berries?
A base of frozen bananas is the KEY to the creamy frozen texture of this nice cream! You’ll need your bananas to be frozen to get that soft serve consistency instead of more of a smoothie consistency 😀
And frozen raspberries are responsible for the delicious berry flavor of this nice cream! Same as the bananas, you’ll want your berries to be frozen to help maintain that soft serve consistency you’re looking for.
How to Freeze Bananas
Simply slice bananas evenly and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place the entire sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to ensure your bananas are completely frozen.
When you take your nanners out of the freezer, you’ll just need to scrape them off the parchment paper and place right in the blender (if you’re making this raspberry chocolate chunk banana nice cream right away), or into a Ziploc or Stasher bag to keep in the freezer for later use.
Freezing the sliced bananas on a baking sheet will prevent your bananas from sticking together when you place them in a bag. Want a step-by-step on this process? WE GOT YOU.
How to Freeze Raspberries
Similar to sliced bananas, you don’t want to just pour your fresh raspberries directly into a freezer safe bag before freezing them individually because you’ll end up with one giant clump of razzles all frozen together.
First prepare a baking sheet (with at least a 1/2-inch lip so your berries don’t spill in the freezer!) by covering it with parchment paper to freeze your raspberries on.
Then, pour fresh raspberries on the baking sheet (don’t forget to wash and dry them first!). Make sure none of the berries are touching each other. This will ensure each of your beautiful little razzles freeze individually instead of together with the berries touching each other.
Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until all the berries are completely frozen. And don’t worry, we have a step-by-step tutorial for freezing berries, too.
How to Make Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream
Step by step
- Frozen Fruit Time: First, make sure you have frozen raspberries and bananas! If you don’t have frozen nanners, now’s the time to freeze them in slices. Similarly, if you don’t have frozen raspberries, now’s the time. Great news is that it only takes around 30 minutes to freeze bananas and raspberries.
- Bananas in the Blender: Once your bananas are frozen, transfer them into a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Time to Blend Raspberries: Then, add frozen raspberries, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons almond milk. Get ready for the most beautiful raspberry color to emerge 😀
- Add Almond Milk to Desired Consistency: Blend on high until everything is pureed. You may need to add a tablespoon or so more of almond milk to thin things out. The consistency you’re looking for is an ultra thick smoothie.
- Add Chocolate Chunks: Once pureed, fold chocolate chunks into the nice cream.
- Enjoy Now or Later: Eat immediately for a soft-serve like ice cream OR transfer into a bread pan and sprinkle chocolate chunks on top and then freeze for around 2 hours.
Once completely frozen, store your nice cream covered (we used aluminum foil to cover the pan!) in your freezer and enjoy at your leisure for up to a month.
This raspberry chocolate chunk nice cream is oh so delicious simply topped with chocolate chunks, but if you’re looking for additional topping ideas, here are some of our faves:
- Fresh raspberries
- Dried coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Drizzle of peanut butter
Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream
- 1.5 cups sliced bananas frozen
- 1.5 cups raspberries frozen
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks + more for topping
- First, follow the instructions to freeze your bananas following this post.
- Once your bananas are frozen, transfer them into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add frozen raspberries, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons almond milk.
- Blend on high until everything is pureed. You may need to add a tablespoon or so more of almond milk to thin things out. The consistency should be like an ultra thick smoothie.
- Once pureed, fold chocolate chunks into the nice cream.
- Eat immediately for a soft-serve like ice cream OR transfer into a bread pan and sprinkle chocolate chunks on top and then freeze for around 2 hours.