This peanut butter cup banana soft serve is a healthy way to satisfy your ice cream craving. All you need is homemade peanut butter cups and frozen bananas!
This recipe looks easy, AMIRIGHT? Because it is! I first discovered banana soft serve back in college from Edible Perspective. I used to make this stuff ALL THE TIME. Why? Because it tastes just like ice cream without all the added sugar and preservatives. Did you know that ice cream is my dessert of choice? I’ve got a wicked infatuation for soft-serve. A Dairy Queen Crunch Cone ER MER GERD. Ambitious Kitchen knows what I’m talking about. Seriously soft-serve ice cream is life.
Fun Fact Friday: Did you know that DQ’s headquarters is based in Minnesota?
That’s right…I live in the soft-serve homeland thank you very much! If you are wondering what a crunch cone is (because apparently some people have never heard of it…cough cough Man Candy) it’s a vanilla cone dipped in a mixture of sprinkles and peanuts. Sprinkles + peanuts = love. If for some reason the DQ doesn’t have crunch cones on their menu (this HAS happened before) I always opt in for a mini PB Cup Blizzard. 🙂
Where am I going with this? Well- this recipe my friends, is an excellent replacement for a Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard because it’s 100% homemade and WAY HEALTHIER for you.
This recipe is literally frozen bananas whipped into a delicious and creamy soft-serve. Then, I added in some of FFF’s protein peanut butter cups for the ultimate dessert. Of course I topped it with additional melted peanut butter cuz why not.
- 4 cups frozen banana
- 4 protein peanut butter cups
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then, slice 4 bananas and place banana slices on cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 4 hours or over night.
- Once banana slices are completely frozen, take them out of the freezer and let them thaw for about 5 minutes. Then, place in a high-speed food processor. Mix on high for about 2-3 minutes or until bananas are whipped. You may need to stop and scrape the sides a few times!
- Once the bananas are fluffy, add in 4 chopped protein peanut butter cups and pulse a few times.
- Option to serve right away or place in a cake pan and freeze for about 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 232
I wrote this in the recipe notes, but feel free to serve it immediately or to transfer it into a bread pan and into the freezer for a few hours so it’s more ice cream like. It’s all to preference and depends on how much self control you have 🙂
HAPPY FRIDAY! I’ll be enjoying the weekend with Man Candy and @LinleysHands on the St. Croix River! WOOT.