This 4-ingredient Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream boasts the same creamy deliciousness of traditional chocolate ice cream without all those fillers. Plus, it’s dairy free, vegan, and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. Dessert is served!
Calling all Ice Cream Lovers!
We’re big ice cream fans over here at Fit Foodie Finds, so we set out to create our own healthy nice cream recipes that:
- Didn’t take forever to make or require an ice cream maker (haii, my kitchen doesn’t need another kitchen gadget that ONLY makes one thing).
- Wasn’t filled with a bunch of crap ingredients. So, here we are! Get ready for your new favorite chocolate nice cream! And it’s oh so easy to make, too.
Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream Ingredients
Let’s start by taking a little looksy at this ingredient list. It won’t take long to read through; we’ll wait 😀
- Frozen sliced bananas
- Cocoa powder
- Unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
How to Make Healthy Nice Cream
With a little prep beforehand, this healthy chocolate nice cream can be whipped up in no time at all. We’ll walk ya through it with us:
Freeze Sliced Bananas
Simply slice bananas evenly and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place the entire sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. When you take your nanners out of the freezer, you’ll just need to scrape them off the parchment paper and place right in the blender (if you’re making this healthy nice cream right away), or into a ziploc or Stasher bag to keep in the freezer for later use. Freezing the sliced bananas on a baking sheet first will prevent your bananas from sticking together when you place them in a bag. Want a step-by-step on this process? WE GOT YOU.
Place all Ingredients in a High-Speed Blender
Measure out your frozen sliced bananas, cocoa powder, almond milk and vanilla extract and place it all in your high-speed blender. You’ll want a serious blender or food processor for this step to ensure all the bananas are blended to perfection. If you use your blender for smoothies with frozen ingredients, you’re good to go here!
Blend it Up
Blend up all your ingredients until smooth. Depending on how frozen solid your banana slices are, you may need to thin out your healthy ice cream with almond milk. We recommend thinning it with a tablespoon of almond milk at a time until you get your desired consistency.
Serve or Freeze for Later
Because your banana slices were frozen when you started this recipe, the consistency of your healthy ice cream should be perfect to serve up with a soft serve consistency and enjoy immediately. But if you’re making this ahead of time, or would prefer to save some for later, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour your ice cream into the pan. Store covered (we used aluminum foil to cover the pan!) in your freezer and enjoy at your leisure.
Don’t Forget Toppings
We love serving and of our healthy ice cream recipes with chocolate chips, but feel free to get jazzy and serve with your favorite ice cream toppings like:
- diced nuts
- vegan whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- fresh berries
- in between 2 cookies as an ice cream sammie
More Nice Cream Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- Blueberry Muffin Nice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cup Nice Cream
Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk*
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or Vitamix and mix on high until a smooth, thick consistency has been formed. Option to add more milk by the tablespoon as needed.
- Serve immediately or transfer into a parchment-lined bread loaf. Then, place into the freezer for 1 to 2 hours to firm up.
- Serve with chocolate chips.
Tips & Notes
- Depending on how frozen your bananas are, you may need to add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of almond milk.