Satisfy your sweet tooth by whipping up a batch of this Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream! All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into the food processor and you’ve got yourself a protein-packed dessert in under 20 minutes! Have a bowl of these protein strawberry banana nice cream after a workout or for dessert during the week!
Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
We love ice cream here on Fit Foodie any time of year, though we do feel the ice cream itch when the sun rolls out in the spring! One thing we love just as much as ice cream is NICE CREAM. What is nice cream? Nice cream is a healthier version of ice cream that is dairy free and has a base of frozen fruit!
There are so many nice cream recipes on the internet today and they are all made from many different fruit combinations. All fruit combinations would work, but our favorite nice cream fruit base is definitely FROZEN BANANAS! Have you ever noticed that you can’t really find frozen bananas in the frozen section at the grocery store? Bananas are so cheap and a great ingredient to have sitting around the house for recipes like;
Since you can’t find frozen bananas at the grocery store, we created this How to Freeze Bananas post to help you meal prep your frozen bananas for the week! All you have to do is slice those nanners, freeze them, and store them! Though bananas are the base of this Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream, we also use frozen strawberries and protein powder!
Protein Powder in Everything!
If you are trying to add more protein into your diet, there are so many easy ways to add more protein to dishes you eat everyday! This protein strawberry banana nice cream is the perfect example! We use a couple different kinds of protein powder on a daily basis and we talk all about our favorite protein powders right here so take your pick!
You can use ANY kind of protein powder that your little heart desires in the banana nice cream! Just be cautious because sometimes certain protein powders absorb more moisture than others. Don’t freak out if you add protein powder and your nice cream starts to crumble. Just add a teaspoon more of almond milk at a time until the nice cream smooths out into strawberry banana nice cream goodness!
Tips and Tricks
Like I referenced earlier, it is very easy to prepare a batch of healthy nice cream! Here are some tips and tricks to make sure you are fully prepared to make your own strawberry banana protein nice cream!
- Make sure fruit is VERY frozen. The key to perfect nice cream is frozen fruit! Especially, if you want to eat your nice cream right away. Unfortunately, we would not recommend every using fresh fruit to make nice cream. Frozen fruit gives the texture of the nice cream a delicious whipped and creamy texture that you just can’t beat.
- Your Blender Matters. I have this old retro blender that used to be my Great Aunts’. I will never be able to make nice cream in her blender. You NEED a high-speed blender or food processor to make banana nice cream. If you end up using a blender that is a bit older, you will end up with a smoothie because you had to add so much liquid or with big chunks of fruit! Get yourself a Vitamix or a Ninja!
- Add your own flair! You are always welcome to make any alterations to FFF recipes! If you don’t have frozen strawberries on hand, use raspberries! If you want to add a little honey or nut butter to your nice cream, do it. Deciding on what to top your nice cream with is also a very exciting game! You do YOU.
- How to store banana nice cream. After blending up this protein strawberry banana nice cream, you can eat it right away. It will be soft, but delicious! Or, you can lay a piece of parchment paper down in a loaf pan and pour the nice cream in the pan and place it in the freezer until it is a bit more frozen. If you would like to store this protein strawberry banana nice cream in the freezer for longer than a day, we suggest wrapping the loaf pan in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
Nice Cream Recipes
- Peanut Butter Cup Banana Soft Serve
- Vegan Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve
- Vegan Blueberry Muffin Banana Soft Serve
Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup sliced frozen bananas
- 1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk*
- Place frozen bananas and strawberries in a high-speed food processor Vitamix. Then, add protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Turn blender to high and add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until everything is pulverized together and smooth.
- Either serve immediately or transfer into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
Hi I don’t have protein powder so do I need to replace this with something else in the recipe or can I just remove it?
You can just remove it!
Is it possible to make a lot, and keep it in the freezer, and take it out anytime you like?
Hey Lisa! You could definitely make a larger batch and freeze it, but the consistency won’t be the same as if you just made it!
What kind of food processor do you recommend? I’ve been on the hunt for a year!
YES! I just bought a new one 🙂 I got a Ninja. It’s a food processor/blender duo and I LOVE IT.
thank you so much for the reply! I will look into that 🙂
My favorite way to use Designer Whey Protein Powder is to mix a scoop with a little peanut butter powder one packet of stevia and enough water to make a bit of a paste. Place in the fridge a few minutes and it’s like eating frosting. Great if you are really in need for something rich and sweet, but you get only protein!
YUM!!!!!! I am not a stevia fan, but peanut powder is the best and that seriously sounds DIVINE!
Mixed into my morning oats! Simple, but satisfying.
OMG THAT IS GENIUS! Did you mix it into your overnight oats or hot oats?
In the colder weather, I’ll have it hot, but now that summer is here, I’ve been making them hot the night before, mixing protein in (hot) then throwing them in the fridge overnight for cold oats in the AM. I wonder if I could just not cook it at all for overnight oats… lol I’ve never done them another way.
You could just not cook it, but sometimes I like to cook it then throw it in the fridge. It has such a different texture! <333333
I like to use protein powder to top my Greek yogurt or in smoothies and baked goods
I love using protein powder in muffins and cakes!
I started using Designer Whey protein about 2 years ago. It was my husband’s brand of choice so I thought I would give it a whirl. I absolutely love it! I haven’t found a flavor I don’t like!
I love Designer Whey shakes! Powder + coconut water is how I like it best
Smoothie and protein panckes!
I first tried their products when I had some samples in my race goodie bag!
I love adding it into my overnight oats!
I haven’t used designer whey protein powder yet. I do love protein powder though. I love making shakes. I would really like to try some baking with it.
My favorite way to use it is definitely a hybrid of soft serve / delicious protein smoothie. I usually eat it for lunch on the weekends when I really don’t feel like making anything.
I pour it in with my milk and stir it up… protein milkshake 🙂
I first tried Designer Whey because I heard about it from a food blog. It tastes great and it has great stats!
I love making shakes with it!
I heard about them through Fitfluential and have tried the WHite Chocolate and Vanilla Protein powders, love them both
I like to use DW in fruit smoothies post workout
I’ve heard about Designer Whey through healthy living blogs. I haven’t tried it but would love to! Great giveaway!