This vegan cookie dough banana nice cream is made with frozen bananas, almond milk, and has big chunks of edible cookie dough in every bite. It’s the perfect healthy dessert that is ready in under 1 hour!
We Love Nice Cream Recipes
If there is one dessert that we all love, it’s ICE CREAM. Making a big batch of nice cream to answer your sweet tooth’s cry for a sweet treat is a great way to have a healthy ice cream treat! We always have a bag of frozen bananas in our freezer (check out how we freeze bananas here) just in case we want to make nice cream last minute!
We fell in love with nice cream and now we have many delicious nice cream recipes on FFF! Our most popular nice cream recipe is this peanut butter nice cream . It is a delicious combination of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and frozen bananas!
From there, we’ve recreated our favorite ice cream flavors and but a Fit Foodie twist on them. Enter—> Cookie Dough Banana Nice Cream!
Nice cream is extra creamy, naturally sweet, and the cookie dough bites in this recipe take this nice cream recipe up a notch!
It’s All About the Edible Cookie Dough Bites
If you are a blizzard person at DQ or a concrete mixer person at Culvers than you know the deliciousness that is cookie dough. I love getting extra cookie dough bites on the side of any ice cream treat that I buy.
We wanted to recreate the sweet cookie dough morsels that people love, but with a healthy twist.
Now, you may be shaking your head saying there is no way to recreate cookie dough that is actually healthy, Im here to tell you there is! People love our healthy chocolate chip edible cookie dough recipe because it actually tastes like cookie dough! YUM.
There is one secret ingredient that we add to any recipe that makes it taste strikingly like cookie dough—> CASHEW BUTTER!
We created a small batch of delicious cookie dough bites that are sweet morsels of heaven.
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough Bites
To create these morsels, mix together cashew butter, flour, maple syrup, chocolate chips, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Then, using a 1/2 teaspoon scoop, scoop the cookie dough up and roll it into a perfect ball and place it on a plate. Repeat this process until all the dough has been turned into balls. Place the cookie dough bites into the freezer for 1-2 hours to freeze.
Freezing the cookie dough is important because after frozen your cookie dough remains frozen and delicious when you fold it into your nice cream.
How to Make Nice Cream
The key (and I mean the absolute most important ingredient) to making nice cream is FROZEN BANANAS. You need frozen bananas because whipping frozen bananas is the base for the nice cream! The whipped bananas make the creamy and delicious base for this nice cream!
All you have to do is place the frozen banana, maple syrup, and cinnamon into the food processor and blend until smooth. Then, all that’s left is to add in your cookie dough bites, transfer the banana nice cream to a freezer safe container, and then place it in the freezer to let the nice cream set!
Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve Qs
What is the best kitchen appliance to use for banana soft serve?
A large high speed food processor is the best appliance to use to make banana soft serve! We do not recommend making banana soft serve in a blender. Blenders tend to get jammed up because there isn’t enough liquid in this nice cream recipe for a blender.
How do I store nice cream in the freezer?
To freeze nice cream in the freezer for later, pour the nice cream into a loaf pan and carefully cover the nice cream with a piece of plastic wrap and then again with tin foil.
Nice Cream Recipes
- Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream
Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve
Cookie Dough Bites
Optional Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon cashew butter
- First, begin by making your cookie dough bites. Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix. The texture should be similar to cookie dough.
- Use a ½ teaspoon to scoop dough into your palms and roll into small cookie dough bites. You should get around 20 cookie dough bites.
- Cover a plate with parchment paper and place cookie dough bites on the plate. Then, transfer the plate into the freezer to freeze for at least 1-2 hours.
- Next, prep bananas. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, slice 3-4 large bananas. Place the banana slices on top of the parchment paper. Freeze for 1-2 hour.
- Once your bananas have fully frozen, it’s time to make your nice cream! Place 4 cups of sliced frozen bananas, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and a splash of almond milk into a high-speed food processor. Then, process on high. You may need to add more almond milk depending on how frozen your bananas are. You may also need to stop a few times to scrape the sides. The goal here is to make your nice cream nice and creamy!
- Once your nice cream is thick and creamy, take the cookie dough bites out of the freezer. Transfer half of the bites into the food processor on top of the nice cream (you’ll top your nice cream with the other half!) and pulse for around 30 seconds to break up the cookie dough bites.
- Option now to eat your nice cream immediately for a soft-serve texture (that’s what we did in the photos) OR transfer into a parchment paper-lined bread pan to freeze for 1-2 hours for an ice cream like texture.
- Before serving, chop the remaining cookie dough bites in half and then half again.
- Make optional chocolate sauce by melting around 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips and mixing it with 1 tablespoon of cashew butter.
- Serve banana nice cream topped with cookie dough chunks and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on April 18th, 2020. You can find the original recipe HERE.