Make this festive Chocolate Peppermint Banana Nice Cream for a delicious vegan holiday treat!
All you have to do is blend some frozen bananas, with cocoa powder, maple syrup, peppermint extract, and a little almond milk.
The holidays mean peppermint EVERYTHING in the Fit Foodie Kitchen >> Peppermint Fat Bombs, Peppermint Chia Seed Pudding, Homemade Peppermint Patties, the list goes on!
We know you guys love banana nice cream SO MUCH because they are some of our most popular pins on Pinterest. And for that, we thank you because we love it too!
Since it’s that time of year…we thought we’d whip together a Chocolate Peppermint-flavored banana nice cream recipe to suit your needs this holiday!
What you Need
The basis of all of our nice cream recipes are frozen bananas. Then, to make each recipe unique, you add in flavor combinations! Here’s what you need for this recipe:
- Frozen banana
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- peppermint extract
- almond milk
- mini chocolate chips
Peppermint extract: the one ingredient I wanted to talk more about is the peppermint extract. Make sure you start off slow with just 1/8 teaspoon and then add more from there.
Everyone has a different tolerance for peppermint, so just make sure you don’t overdo it too fast or the nice cream will turn out bitter.
To Freeze or Not to Freeze
There are 2 ways to serve your banana nice cream. One way is more like soft-serve and the other is more like classic ice cream.
In my opinion, it all depends on how much you’re craving nice cream! If you can wait, I say freeze it for the extra hour or two, but if you need a quick fix, eat it right out of the food processor.
Soft Serve: serve immediately after food processing for a creamy, soft-serve like ice cream!
Ice Cream: transfer nice cream into a bread pan and freeze for around 1 to 2 hours to get a classic ice-cream like nice cream (pictured).
We’re all about the holiday cheer, which is why we chose to put Christmas colored chocolate on top of our nice cream. To each their own! Here are more topping ideas for you:
- raw nuts
- nut butter
- shredded coconut
- peppermint candies
- mini chocolate chips
Banana Nice Cream Recipes
- PB Chocolate Chip Banana Nice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Banana Nice Cream
- ALL Nice Cream Recipes
Chocolate Peppermint Banana Nice Cream
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- First, follow the directions for how to freeze bananas.
- Once the bananas are frozen place them into a high-speed blender along with the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and peppermint extract.
- Add a tablespoon of almond milk and then blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Add more almond milk as needed in order to get things smooth like soft serve ice cream.
- Once you've reached the desired texture, give it a taste and adjust the peppermint extract as needed. We suggest adding 1/8 teaspoon at a time.
- Add mini chocolate chips and pulse the nice cream a few times to mix.
- Option to eat nice cream immediately if you like the soft serve texture or to transfer into a bread tin and freeze for 1-2 hours if you like more of the traditional ice cream texture.
- Serve with more mini chocolate chips.