Nice cream made to taste like pumpkin pie? Heck yes! Made in less than 5 minutes, this vegan frozen treat tastes just like fall!
Just because it feels like fall doesn’t mean you stop craving ice cream! Nice cream recipes are some of our most popular dessert recipes on Fit Foodie Finds and you guys are going to die over this one!
Pumpkin Pie All Day
We’ve been craving all things pumpkin for about a month and it’s barely October. Insert pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie bars, and pumpkin pancakes. The list goes on. The star of this banana nice cream is…can you guess? PUMPKIN! And? Uses our homemade pumpkin pie spice to bring things full circle.
When I say pumpkin, I am actually referring to unsweetened, canned pumpkin with no sugars or additives. You can buy it year-round, but it’s obviously very seasonal for the holidays.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
What you Need
In addition to the two obvious ingredients of bananas and pumpkin, there are a few other things you’re going to need to whip up this dessert.
- frozen banana
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- almond milk
Once you compile all of your ingredients, it’s time to transfer them into a high-speed blender. The consistency of your nice cream should be like a very thick smoothie…kind of like soft-serve ice cream. The great thing about this recipe is that you can eat it as is OR freeze it for a few hours to give it more of a classic ice cream texture.
Ice cream isn’t ice cream without the toppings. I love sprinkling on a handful of whatever I have in my kitchen before freezing. Here are some ideas.
- mini chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
Banana Nice Cream Recipes
- Best Nice Cream Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- Chocolate Nice Cream
Pumpkin Spice Banana Nice Cream
- First, follow the instructions to freeze your bananas following this post.
- Once your bananas are frozen, transfer them into a high-speed blender or Vitamix.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and almond milk.
- Blend on high until everything is pureed. You may need to add a tablespoon or so more of almond milk to thin things out. The consistency should be like an ultra thick smoothie.
- Once pureed, eat immediately for a soft-serve like ice cream OR transfer into a bread pan and sprinkle on chocolate chips and then freeze for around 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information does not include chocolate chips.