This pumpkin pancakes recipe screams fall flavors! They’re made with whole grains, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice.
Favorite Pumpkin Pancake Recipe!
There is nothing better than waking up on a Sunday morning and making a giant stack of fluffy pancakes. These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect fall pancake recipe and you are going to love them.
Made with white whole wheat flour and real pumpkin puree, these pumpkin pancakes are flavored with maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to truly make them a fall dream.
What You Need for Pumpkin Pancakes
- White Whole Wheat Flour: this pumpkin pancakes recipe call for a 100% whole grain flour, which is hearty and better for you than enriched white flour. While whole wheat flour is a favorite to bake with because it’s not as heavy as classic whole wheat flour.
- Pumpkin Puree: Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A and has a good amount of protein and fiber. PS: make sure to use unsweetened pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling (easy to mix up!)
- Coconut Oil: this recipe calls for only 2 tablespoons of oil and coconut oil is such a great healthy fat addition to moisten up these pancakes even more!
- Maple Syrup: instead of white sugar or brown sugar, we opted for our favorite all-natural sugar, maple syrup! A little bit of maple syrup goes a long way and bring out all the glorious flavors of the pumpkin pie spice!
Flour: Try swapping the white whole wheat flour for normal whole wheat flour, oat flour, or gluten-free baking flour. We do NOT recommend swapping the flour for a nut flour such as coconut or almond.
Pumpkin Puree: Don’t have pumpkin puree on hand? Try applesauce, butternut squash puree, or sweet potato puree!
Maple Syrup: Use another liquid sweetener such as honey or agave in place of the maple syrup.
Egg: While we haven’t tested a vegan method, try swapping the 2 eggs out for 2 flax eggs.
Don’t forget about the toppings! No pancake is complete without its toppings. Here are our recommendations:
- Coconut whipped cream
- Nuts: walnuts or pecans
- Maple syrup
- Nut Butter
How to Freeze Pancakes
To freeze these pumpkin pancakes, let them cool completely. Then, stack two of them together and tightly wrap them with a piece of plastic wrap. Then wrap them again with a piece of tin foil.
Place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw: remove them from the freezer and unwrap them. Then, let them thaw for 5 minutes on the freezer before pulling them apart. Defrost them in the microwave OR in your toaster.
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Place dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Then, in a separate bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla and whisk.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix making sure all ingredients are combined. Finally, add in 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Next, heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 cup scoop, scoop pancake batter into the skillet. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping when bubbles start to form in the center of the pancake. when Repeat until all pancake batter is gone.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.
I really enjoyed this module. I like how we were given a topic to discuss that was very relevant to what is happening in my life right now, and then taught strategies on how to conquer it. I found these strategies very helpful and insightful and also prefer you to visit https://www.assignmenthelper.com.au/coursework-help/ for best academic help at affordable cost. I like that they can be used for everything you are trying to accomplish, not just time management. This week has helped me realize that I need to take my life more seriously and begin planning things out in order to accomplish my goals.
I doubled the pumpkin pie spice, but otherwise – YUM!!