It’s pumpkin season! Which means it’s time to make this moist and flavorful Healthy Pumpkin Bread. Packed with pumpkin puree and a few chocolate chips + the just right amount of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger, this pumpkin bread is something your whole family will enjoy!
We have healthy and delicious bread recipes galore here on Fit Foodie Finds! From this easy cinnamon apple bread to this vegan banana bread to this blueberry banana bread, we’ve got you covered with healthy bread loaves for every season.
Pumpkin Season Forever
It’s finally here! Pumpkin everything season 😀 And to honor this wonderful time of year, we’re here with the most deliciously moist healthy pumpkin bread. And it includes chocolate chips, friends. Bookmark this recipe because it will quickly become your go-to fall loaf recipe. Let’s get into it, shall we!?
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
We won’t get into the nitty gritty of every ingredient in this bread til you scroll on down to the recipe card, but here are the true heroes of the show when it comes to this healthy pumpkin bread:
- White whole wheat flour: This pumpkin bread is made with a white whole wheat flour base. This is our go-to flour when making healthy muffins or loaves! We choose this flour over normal whole wheat because it creates a less dense, super fluffy bread.
- Pumpkin puree: The star of this pumpkin bread is obviously the pumpkin puree! It’s what gives this classic recipe a sweet twist!
- Spices: The runner-up star of this recipe is, of course, the perfect combination of fall SPICES. In this recipe, we used cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, and seriously, they’re the perfect harvest flavors to complement the sweet pumpkin flavor.
- Almond milk: I love the nutty flavor of almond milk, but feel free to use any kind of milk for this pumpkin bread.
- Vanilla extract: Cuz every loaf deserves some vanilla.
- Maple syrup: Instead of using refined sugar, we stuck with maple syrup, our favorite plant-based sugar!
- Coconut oil: This recipe calls for coconut oil. If you don’t have this oil at home, you can easily sub for a different baking oil, such as canola oil.
- Eggs: We haven’t tested this recipe eggless, but you can always try to sub 2 flax eggs!
- Chocolate chips: These are absolutely optional, but over here at FFF we’re big fans of the chocolate and pumpkin flavor combo, and think you will be, too 😀
Toppings for Pumpkin Bread
A slice of this healthy pumpkin bread is entirely moist enough to enjoy on its own, but if you’re looking to jazz it up a bit, it’s also delicious spread with the following:
- Peanut butter
- Cream cheese
How to Store Pumpkin Bread
Store this healthy pumpkin bread in an air-tight container or gallon-size Ziploc with a piece of paper towel on the bottom to soak up the moisture. Store at room temperature on the counter top for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5.
How to Freeze Pumpkin Bread
To freeze your pumpkin bread, first let cool completely. Then, tightly wrap it in a piece of plastic wrap and then once more with a piece of tin foil. Remove as much air from around the bread as possible. Write the name of the recipe and the date on the bag. This bread will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Thaw Pumpkin Bread
To thaw frozen pumpkin bread, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature on the counter top until fully thawed. Do not refreeze once thawed.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Oil Free Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip French Toast Cups
- 10 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes You Need This Fall
More Bread Recipes
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Bread
- Strawberry Banana Breakfast Bread
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1.75 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (+ more for topping!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, whisk eggs, coconut sugar, and maple syrup together in a large mixing bowl. Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally, add in melted coconut oil, and mix again.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan and sprinkle on more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until the center of the bread is fully cooked.
- Remove pumpkin bread from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, remove from pan to finish cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 317 Sugar: 31 Sodium: 227 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 50 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6
Keywords: pumpkin bread
Photos by: The Wooden Skillet