Make your own DIY chai spice with spices you already have in your cabinet. Add to an iced drink, smoothie, overnight oats, or your favorite sweet snack for a chai spice twist!
Just because spring is approaching doesn’t mean you have to nix all things winter. I love me a yummy iced chai or chai protein smoothie during the warmer months 😀 I decided to combine my chai spice resources into one chai spice powder for easy access. That way, I can have a sprinkle of chai here and there without going through the hassle of re-mixing the spices.
What do you need?
- An old spice container
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
Now I can tuck my chai spices away with my baking supplies and keep the single chai spice mix handy and accessible!
I am a stickler for saving old spice containers…especially the ones I buy from Penzey’s. They are really high quality and glass. You never know when you might make your own mix 😀 See! My saving ways came in handy for once…
I am planning on posting one of my favorite snacks next week, with a chai twist. Any guesses from the photo below?
DIY Chai Spice Mix
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in a small spice container.
Here are 5 more “summer-like” chai recipes (healthy & not-so-healthy) that I can’t wait to make with my new spice mix!
- Iced Chai Tea Latte from Big Girls Small Kitchen
- No-Bake Chai Cheese Pie from Taste of Home
- Overnight Chai Steel Cut Oats from This Homemade Life
- Apple Chai Pancakes from the Healthy Maven
- Chocolate Chai Tea Cupcakes from Shape Magazine
Have any fun summery chai recipes? Share ’em in the comments!