Get your meal prep on this week with these delicious baked apple oatmeal cups made with a homemade chai spice. You can eat these baked oatmeal cups immediately or save them for later!
We love baked oatmeal and can’t wait for you to try all of our favorites: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal, and Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal Cups.
Best Fall Baked Oatmeal!
If you love oatmeal (or overnight oats!) and you love apples, then you’re going to absolutely adore this healthy breakfast recipe. These Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups are…
- ridiculously addicting
I love when we have a batch of these meal-prepped at Fit Foodie HQ because I eat them at all hours of the day. You may think this baked oatmeal with apples is strictly a breakfast only food, but they make for a great snack or dessert.
Here’s what you Need
Lucky for you these delicious baked oatmeal cups are ready in no time and with just a few ingredients. And, even if it’s not fall, apples are available year-round for your delight!
- rolled oats: we recommend using rolled oats, but you can sub quick cooking oats in any of our baked oatmeal recipes.
- homemade chai spice: Making your own chai spice is super simple. Check out the spices you need below!
- apple: green, red…you choose! Any kind of apple will work for this recipe.
- eggs: you need 2 large eggs for this recipe. If you’re looking for a baked oatmeal recipe sans eggs, check out our vegan baked oatmeal HERE.
- maple syrup: maple syrup gives these oatmeal cups a warm, fall flavor. Option to sub for another liquid sweetener.
- coconut oil: A little coconut oil goes a long way for this recipe! Make sure that you melt your coconut oil before measuring it to get an accurate measure.
- banana: Mashed banana helps sweeten this breakfast a little bit more. Option to sub applesauce, however, you may need to add a little bit more maple syrup!
- almond milk: for this recipe, any kind of milk or liquid will work.
Homemade Chai Spice
If you love chai spice, then you will love this recipe! We have a homemade chai spice mix on Fit Foodie Finds that we slightly modified for this particular recipe. If you have our homemade chai spice recipe in your cupboard, feel free to use around 2.5 teaspoons of that instead. Here’s what you need:
- ground nutmeg
- ground cardamom
- ground allspice
- ground cinnamon
Since these apple baked apple oatmeal cups are made with 100% whole grains, fruit, and are lower in fat, they make for a delicious meal prep recipe to eat at any time. Whether you want to eat them throughout the week or freeze them for later, this is the breakfast for you!
Weekly Meal Prep
Let your baked oatmeal cups cool completely. Then, transfer them into a glass airtight container (or gallon-size plastic bag) and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze for Later
Let your baked oatmeal cups cool completely. Then, place them on a cookie sheet and into the freezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours before transferring into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place rolled oats, baking powder, and spices in a large bowl and combine.
- Peel a large apple and then finely dice. Set aside.
- Place a large banana in a medium size bowl and mash. Then add in eggs, maple syrup, and almond milk. Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix. Then, add melted coconut oil and apples and mix again.
- Fill 12 muffin liners to the top (~2 heaping tablespoons of the oat mixture).
- Place in oven at 350ºF and bake for 19-21 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Then, let cool completely and transfer into a tupperware or gallon-size bag and store in the refrigerator.
- Top with your favorite nut butter and enjoy.
I see the nutrition facts… How many in a serving?
These look good! I am planning on making these, however I will use Flax milk with pea protein to add an additional 1 gram of protein to each muffin!
Ughhhh, so DELICIOUSSSSS!!! Everyone, try this recipe! I added chia seeds and it adds that extra little crunch.
YAY!! Would love it if you could give us a star rating 😀
My family has enjoyed your Triple Berry Oatmeal Cup recipe for some time, so
I knew these would be a hit too. And they were indeed fantastic! I used 1 pear and 1 smaller apple and added an extra medium ripe banana to the liquid ingredients. It ended up making 15 and fed my family of 5 with plenty of leftovers. I will definitely bake these again. 😋
These look so fun! Can I sub egg whites instead of eggs?? Thank you!
Hi! We haven’t tried this, but I don’t see why not!
To sub in apple sauce for banana, how much please? Thanks, these look amazing 🙂
A comment below indicated 1/2 cup applesauce can replace the banana.
Can you use either vegetable oil or Olive oil in place of the coconut oil for the Baked Apple Oatmeal cups? If yes, would it change the amount of calories per serving? My husband doesn’t like anything coconut. Thanks!
My relatives are coming and they are quite a health-conscious bunch. I think this apple chai oatmeal recipe might impress them to a whole new level!
You just save me.
These cups looks delicious and healthy. Keep up the good work
This an amazing Lee, and i really enjoyed your recipe..it looks so yummy & sound so delicious…! i will definitely make it tomorrow breakfast for my hubby..Thanks for sharing…..!
What is she putting on top of baked muffin
They are called apple chai oatmeal cups but with no chai. Why is that? Looks delicious will try them in the morning.
Hery Erika! The chai is referring to chai spices…not chia seeds!
what did you spread on the top?
Nice information about this recipes.. thanks for sharing
These are my favorite breakfast! I add a second banana and skip the maple syrup. Thanks so much for sharing!
I was so excited to make this for my kids breakfast.
Sadly no one eat them. They didn’t taste good. So disappointed.
Would it be possible to use Greek yoghurt instead of the milk?
Hi Christoph! I don’t think that would be a good sub, just because it calls for 1.5 cups of milk!
Can a flax egg be used in place of eggs and get same yumminess?
Hi! I haven’t personally tried a flax egg, but I don’t see why not!
OMG I love this recipe! Love how filling they are, and so easy to grab and go in the morning! I just made a second batch and instead of apples tried it with chopped pineapple and shredded coconut and yummm, turned out so good!!
So, I am allergic to Bananas, what could I use for a substitute?
You could try applesauce!
HOW MUCH THOUGH?! ??♀️
You can replace a mashed banana with 1/2 cup of applesauce. You can use more if you need things sweeter, but don’t exceed 1 cup, otherwise it wo t bake properly.