It’s apple season! Which means it’s time to make this moist and flavorful Cinnamon Apple Bread. Packed with shredded apples and unsweetened applesauce + the just right amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, this healthy apple bread is something your whole family will enjoy!
It’s Apple Season!
It’s finally here! The days of apple picking with your loved ones, and always having bags of fresh apples on hand. Now comes the time to decide what to do with all these apples. Of course, we’ll be making apple crisps, apple muffins, and apple granola, but you’ll also find us whipping up AT LEAST a loaf a week of this delicious apple bread.
This bread is packed with clean ingredients and could not be easier to whip up. Plus, we’ll set you up with our best practices for shredding fresh apples, how to store this cinnamon apple bread and more. Read on, friends!
Which Apples are Best for Baking?
Fuji apples and Gala apples both are delicious in this apple bread! If you prefer a tarter apple, go for it! If you’re a sweet apple fan, you can absolutely go that route for this apple bread as well. Here in Minnesota, we’re BIG fans of the Honey Crisp apple, which was invented at the University of Minnesota. It’s a great combination of sweet and tart, and holds up nicely when baked.
How to Shred Apples
This is our #1 way to use apples in recipes like this bread! It’s not too chunky that you’re noticing a mushy apple in every bite, but still gets that delicious apple flavor completely immersed in every bite of this delicious apple bread. We use a course grater as this will give you a true shredded apple instead of more of a course puree you’d get from a fine grater.
How to Store Apple Bread
Store apple bread in an air-tight container or gallon-size Ziploc with a piece of paper towel on the bottom to soak up the moisture. Store at room temperature on the counter top for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5.
How to Freeze Apple Bread
To freeze your apple bread, first let cool completely. Then, tightly wrap it in a piece of plastic wrap and then once more with a piece of tin foil. Remove as much air from around the bread as possible. Write the name of the recipe and the date. This bread will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Thaw Apple Bread
To thaw frozen apple bread, remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature on the counter top until fully thawed. Do not refreeze once thawed.
Toppings for Apple Bread
A slice of this apple bread is entirely moist enough to enjoy on its own, but if you’re looking to jazz it up a bit, it’s also delicious spread with the following:
- Peanut butter
- Apple jam
- Cream cheese
More Apple Recipes
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Homemade Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
More Bread Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Breakfast Bread
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 cup shredded apples
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar (option to sub brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients until they are combined. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together (except for the coconut oil).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Finally, fold the melted cocont oil into the batter.
- Pour batter into bread pan and top with oats or nuts (we used oats).
- Bake for 40 minutes and then cover the bread with tin foil. Place bread back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 283 Sugar: 28 Sodium: 176 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 43 Fiber: 3 Protein: 5
Keywords: cinnamon apple bread