If you’ve ever made our homemade granola recipe, you know we’ve got it down! Or even our peanut butter cup granola — delish! Today we are sharing a sweet and spicy apple cinnamon granola that is perfect for fall!
Best Fall Granola
We’re calling this the best fall granola because it packs in the best of fall flavors and ingredients! Yes, it’s an apple cinnamon granola, but it’s got a lot of hearty add-ins to make it epically flavorful.
- rolled oats
- maple syrup
- dried apples
- dried cranberries or cherries
How to Make Granola
To make this healthy homemade granola, it only takes a few steps. My biggest piece of advice is: make sure that you thoroughly read the directions of this recipe because not everything gets toasted at once. The reason we do this is not to burn the dried fruit!
Mix, Sweeten, & Oil
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and make sure to throurouly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Next, place rolled oats, pepitas, and chopped walnuts onto your baking sheet and mix.
Then, drizzle on both melted coconut oil and maple syrup and toss all ingredients together. Make sure the dry ingredients get fully coated, this is how your granola will become sweet and crunchy!
Next, season your apple cinnamon granola with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Give it one more toss!
Now, it’s time to bake the granola at 350ºF. Bake for around 10 minutes and then remove so you can toss. Put back in the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes, making sure not to burn!
Add & Toss
Once your granola is done the cooking, remove it from the oven and let it sit for around 5 minutes too cool. Then, add in dried apples and cranberries and toss again.
Store your granola in an air-tight, glass container in a cool, dark place in your kitchen. Granola should last up to 2 weeks.
You can always just eat your apple cinnamon granola with some almond milk, but if you’re hoping to make this more of a meal, here are some serving suggestions:
- Greek yogurt + apples + cinnamon
- On top of Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Sprinkled on top of Apple Cinnamon Muffins
More Homemade Granola Recipes
- Apple Pistachio Granola
- Blueberry Orange Granola
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chunk Granola
- Healthy Granola Recipe
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Granola
Homemade granola never tasted so good! Try this fall-inspired Apple Cinnamon Granola for a healthy homemade granola recipe that’s vegan and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray or lay a piece of parchment paper down over the baking sheet.
- Place rolled oats, walnuts, and pepitas onto the baking sheet and toss with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Then, drizzle on maple syrup and melted coconut oil and toss again with a wooden spoon.
- Finally, season granola with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and toss one more time.
- Place in the oven at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Remove and toss. Place back in for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Add dried apples and cranberries and toss.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 6