Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats in just 10-minutes, heck yes! Learn how to make the creamiest Instant Pot Oatmeal with just 3 simple ingredients.
We Love Oatmeal
Some of our all-time favorite recipes on FFF are our peanut butter banana overnight oats or our crock-pot maple cinnamon steel cut oats. I love all the endless combinations of toppings, mix-ins, and varieties of oats!
Steel Cut in Just 10 Minutes!
Today’s steel cut oatmeal recipe takes a fraction of the amount of time it does in the slow cooker and takes less than half the amount of time than the stove-top. But how you ask? The Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats pressure cook so fast that the cooking time only takes 10 minutes to make the creamiest, most delicious oats ever. I do want to note that you Instant Pot will take up to 10 minutes to build pressure before it starts to count down, but that is still way less time than 40+ minutes on the stovetop!
We thought we’d keep this as a basic Instant Pot Oatmeal recipe so that you can deviate and flavor it as you wish! Here’s what you need:
- Steel Cut Oats
Can you use rolled oats? While you can absolutely make a rolled oats recipe in the Instant Pot, it really doesn’t make sense because it won’t save you any time. You see, you can easily make rolled oats in the microwave in 2 minutes or even on the stovetop in under 5!
Can you use any kind of milk? Good news! Use whatever liquid your heart desires. The only requirement is a 1:3 ratio of oats to liquid. Here are some liquid suggestions:
- coconut milk
- cows milk
Toppings for Steel Cut Oats
Oats aren’t oats without the toppings! While we kept things classic with nut butter, hemp seeds, and raspberries, you can absolutely go wild with the toppings!
- milk/coconut milk
- chia seeds
- chocolate chips
Let steel-cut oats cool completely. Then, store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Let steel-cut oats cool completely. Then, transfer oats into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Follow a more robust tutorial HERE.
Steel Cut Oats Recipes
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- Crock Pot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Samoa Steel Cut Oatmeal
- The 50 Best Oatmeal Recipes on the Planet
Watch how to make this!
Instant Pot Oatmeal (for steel cut oats!)
Make our Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats in just 10 minutes using this super simple method with only 3 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of salt
- Place steel cut oatmeal, almond milk, and salt into your Instant Pot and mix.
- Close Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal.
- Set Instant Pot to manual >> high pressure for 10 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the pressure to build up enough to start counting down from 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure by opening the valve to let the steam out.
- Once you remove the lid from your Instant Pot, you may notice that there is still some liquid on top of your steel cut oats. This is normal! Simply stir to combine everything together.
- Serve oats with desired toppings such as nut butter, fruit, and hemp hearts.
- Storage: store steel cut oats in a glass air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 171
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 8