Make this Pistachio Cherry Granola for the most delicious and healthy breakfast you’ll eat all week! It’s gluten-free and vegan, too!
A healthy granola recipe is the perfect crunch to add to any sweet breakfast or snack! We love adding this pistachio cherry granola to our oatmeal recipes, nice cream recipes, and even just on top of yogurt!
All the Ingredients You’ll Need
This granola is so delicious, it tastes store bought. But have no fear, you can make this granola in under 1 hour and then you can top anything and everything with this crispy and crunch nola! Here is what you’ll need for the recipe.
- Rolled oats
- Sunflower seeds
- Raw pistachio nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Dried cherries
- Sweetener: If you don’t have maple syrup try hone!
- Nuts : Sometimes it can be hard to find pistachios. If you don’t have access to pistachios we recommend chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts!
- Dried Fruit : Don’t have cherries? Raisins would work, too!
How Do You Make Granola Crunchy + Crispy
There are a few ways that you can be sure that your granola turns out perfectly crispy and crunchy!
- Make sure you add enough fat (oil or butter) to your granola! We use olive oil to crisp up this granola! Feel free to use melted butter, avocado oil, or any oil of your choice!
- Bake your granola at 350ºF or below! You want to dry your granola out to really crisp it up!
- Let the granola sit for 15-20 minutes after you remove it from the oven! It crisps up a lot when it cools!
Store Granola Like this
Let your granola completely cool before storing it in an air tight jar, bag, or meal prep container. It should last for up to 4 weeks if you store it in a cool dark place.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Option to also cover with parchment paper.
- Next, place all of the dry ingredients (minus the dried cherries) into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Mix together olive oil and maple syrup in a medium bowl and then pour over dry ingredients and toss to combine.
- Transfer granola onto the baking sheet and evenly spread out.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Remove and toss. Bake for an additional 10 minutes and then remove and toss. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and then add dried cherries. Toss to combine. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 321 Sugar: 7 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 4 Protein: 8
Keywords: Granola recipe