Make our moist strawberry banana bread all summer long with fresh strawberries, bananas, white whole wheat flour, and little honey. Your kids will love this strawberry bread and BONUS, it’s healthy!
We have quite the collection of banana bread recipes on Fit Foodie Finds and I’m not mad about it. Have you made or Vegan Banana Bread yet? It’s the latest (other than this one!) on the blog. We love taking our basic recipes and adding a little spin and this is exactly how we came up with this glorious strawberry banana bread.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
This strawberry banana bread is unique in that it not only has mashed banana in it, but it also has pureed strawberries in it! This is what makes it super moist and gives it an ultra strawberry banana flavor!
Step 1: Mix Dry Ingredients
First things first, mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Use a whisk to combine and to remove any lumps.
Step 2: Puree Fruit
Next, place strawberries, banana, vanilla extract, milk, and honey in a high-speed blender and puree until there are no lumps. Then, add in eggs and pulse a few times just enough to mix the eggs in while not over mixing.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Step 2: Mix Batter
Combine wet and dry ingredients and then finally, add in the melted coconut oil. The reason you add the coconut oil last is so that it does not seize in the cold batter. Coconut oil will firm up when it chills, so this prevents that from happening.
Step 3: Transfer into pan
Line a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Transfer batter into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add a few slices of banana and strawberry to the top for a decorative touch.
Step 4: Bake
Bake uncovered at 350ºF 30 minutes. Then, cover with tin foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked on the inside.
Let banana bread cool for 15 mintes before removing from the bread pan. Then, let it cool completely before slicing or freezing.
How to Store Banana Bread
Store banana bread in an air-tight container or gallon-size Ziplock with a piece of paper towel on the bottom to soak up the moisture. Option to leave on the counter-top for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
To freeze your strawberry banana bread, let cool completely. Then, tightly wrap it in a piece of plastic wrap and then once more with a piece of tin foil. Remove as much air from around the bread as possible. Write the name of the recipe and the date. The bread will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Thaw Frozen Banana Bread
To thaw frozen banana bread, remove from freezer and let sit on counter-top until thawed. Do not refreeze once thawed.
Healthy Strawberry Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Next, place 1 cup fresh strawberries, 1 medium banana, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup honey into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs to the blender and pulse until eggs are combined. Be cautious to not over blend the eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Finally, add melted coconut oil to the batter and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan and add a few slices of banana and strawberries to the top (if desired) and place in the oven.
- Bake bread uncovered for 30 minutes. Cover with tin foil and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for around 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Then, let cool completely before slicing.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was updated on June 6, 2019.