If you’re running low on baking ingredients, make these gluten free pumpkin muffins! They are made with 4 ingredients. They are gluten free, delicious, and the perfect fall treat!
Quick + Easy Desserts
No time to make a fancy dessert? Have no fear these gluten free pumpkin muffins are here to save the day!
You don’t have to get elbows deep in baking for hours to produce a healthy and delicious treat for your family or for the next party you host. We have a little secret for you—> so many people worry about guests judging what they serve at a party and it turns out they don’t care!
As long as there are good company and good food, no-one cares where it came from or how long it took to make. So again, bring on these delicious pumpkin muffins. They are semi-homemade and take minimal brainpower to mix up.
4 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
These 4 ingredient muffins are semi-homemade! Meaning, we used a gluten free bread mix (yes, the kind you find all ready to bake in the grocery store) and then added a couple of ingredients to make it our own!
Remember to ignore the directions on the package for this 4 ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe! We are using a muffin mix, but making it our own by adding our OWN ingredients.
Let’s chat about what we used in these healthy pumpkin muffins.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Gluten Free Muffin Mix- Feel free to use your favorite gluten free muffin or bread mix. Our most favorite mix to use is the Simple Mills Banana Muffin and Bread Mix. The banana flavor naturally sweetens these gluten free pumpkin muffins and takes them to the next level! SO GOOD.
Here are some other great gluten free mixes to use!
- Krusteaz Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- Simple Mills Chocolate Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- Simple Mills Pumpkin Muffin Gluten Free Mix
Eggs- Good ole’ fashion large eggs are what we use to hold together and fluff up these muffins. We have NOT tested this recipe with a flax egg. Let us know if you give it a try!
Pumpkin Puree- The pumpkin puree in this recipe replaces the oil and the water that you would use if you were following the directions! Remember to use pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. The results will be much sweeter and very different.
Pumpkin Pie Spice- Adding a little bit of our homemade pumpkin pie spice mix to these muffins makes these the perfect fall treat that we crave when the leaves start turning!
Optional Add-Ins- If you would like to add a little crunch to these gluten-free pumpkin muffins, the options are endless! If you want to make them more of a dessert, add in mini chocolate chips. If you want them to be more of breakfast food, try adding your favorite chopped nut!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How can you make sure that you make the most perfect muffin? Be prepared! Here are our favorite tools we use when we are baking muffins! when you have the right tools, life is easier!
- Non-Stick Muffin Tin- We prefer to use a non-stick muffin tin most of the time. We spray the pan with coconut oil for good measure and pop it in the oven!
- Cooling Rack- We recommend placing your muffin on a cooling rack after letting the muffins sit for 5 minutes. This way they will not cool in the pan and stick to the sides of your muffin tin.
- Muffin Liners- If you do not have a non-stick muffin tin, we recommend using silicone muffin liners or paper muffin liners for easy removal!
Other Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Simple Mills Banana Bread Mix
- 1 15-oz. can canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Then, empty the contents of the Simple Mills Banana Bread Mix into a large glass bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 large eggs.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix until combined.
- Then, transfer batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin about 3/4 of the way full. You should only fill around 10 muffins.
- Sprinkle on optional mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350ºF for 24-26 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from the muffin tin to complete cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 150 Sugar: 8 Fat: 7 Fiber: 4 Protein: 5
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin muffins