These banana nut muffins are perfectly moist with a delicious crunchy topping! You can’t go wrong with a batch of these healthy banana nut muffins.
The Best Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
What makes the perfect muffin? We believe that muffins should have a big and crunchy top, a soft middle, and a little bit of texture!
This banana nut muffin recipe is all of these things and more. This banana nut muffin is the BEST for so many reasons.
- This banana nut muffin recipe is made with whole and healthy ingredients.
- We sweeten these muffins naturally with coconut sugar and banana.
- There are delicious muffin tops on the top of these banana nut muffins.
All the Ingredients You Need
Let’s chat ingredients! All of the ingredients in these muffins are ingredients you have in your pantry. Here is what you need and some possible substitutions.
- White whole wheat flour–sub–> All purpose
- Coconut sugar–sub–> Brown sugar
- Walnuts –sub–> Pecans
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Maple syrup–sub–> Honey
- Almond milk–sub–> Any milk
- Coconut oil–sub–> Butter
- Bananas–sub–> Applesauce
- Vanilla extract
You Only Need One Bowl
Some recipes can be very finicky. These banana nut muffins only require one bowl! No need to messy so many dishes!
Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a bowl and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and BOOM. All you have to do is scoop the batter into a greased muffin tin.
Q&A Banana Nut Muffins
Can you over mix banana nut muffins?
Yes, you can over mix banana nut muffins! Be sure to only mix the banana nut batter together until combined. If you over mix muffin batter, you may end up with dense, stout muffins.
Now do I store these muffins?
Store these muffins on the counter for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days in an air tight container.
Can I freeze these banana nut muffins?
Yes! you can freeze muffins. To freeze banana nut muffins, let them cool completely before placing them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
how to bake with bananas
When baking with bananas, there is a happy medium that needs to be found! You don’t want to smash the bananas so much that it liquifies and you don’t want to leave too big of banana chunks or they will sink to the bottom.
Try smashing the banana in the bottom of the bowl or on a plate with a fork.
One-Bowl Banana Nut Muffins
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + more for topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed banana ~3 small/medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then add the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) and mix again. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins) and sprinkle on more chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Place muffins into the oven at 350ºF and bake for 20-24 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
My boyfriend likes more traditional muffins so this one is perfect. Easy, quick and absolutely delicious! (I’m a fan of the oil free chocolate pumpkin muffins which I made yesterday.)
Hi! I made good muffins with this recipe using a few tweaks based on taste and dietary needs of various eaters. I used less sugar, brown rice flour, and made a sampler of two plain, 2 blueberry and two chocolate chips sweetend with stevia. Reviews from my difficult to healthily feed kids were high. My bananas were a little underripe btw. This is so exciting to find something good for the whole family! next batches may include a mix of flours including amaranth because its really nutrious but has a grassy flavor that did not go over well before but maybe with a mix….I am also curious about using agave instead of the maple syrup. Anyway, the texture was excellent overall the whole recipe was best yet!