Chicken noodle soup with a ramen flair! This Asian Chicken Noodle Soup will quickly become your go-to twist on the traditional chicken noodle soup recipe. Top with a soft boiled egg, and dinner is served!
Chicken soup does not have to be boring or bland! Whether it’s this Asian chicken noodle soup or this slow cooker chicken noodle soup, this chicken quinoa soup or even this slow cooker chicken pot pie soup, you’ll only find delicious and flavorful soups here.
Chicken Noodle Soup with a Ramen Flair!
This chicken noodle soup is inspired by one of our favorite takeout meals: RAMEN. And to make things even better, this recipe is truly a one-pot meal — meaning you cook everything in one pot on the stove top, and don’t need to prep any of the ingredients elsewhere.
This recipe can serve a crowd, but is also great for meal prep. We’ll walk ya through how to freeze this soup for later (no mushy noodles allowed!) if you’re looking to save some for later.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
These soup ingredients pack a punch from a nutritional and flavor standpoint. Get ready to round up the following ingredients to whip up this soup:
- Celery stalks
- Yellow onion
Spices and Flavorings
- Minced garlic
- Red pepper
- Chicken broth
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Soy sauce
- Green curry paste (or red if you prefer that!)
- Fresh ground ginger
- Fresh ground lemongrass
- Chicken breast: this goes right into the pot raw, and will cook as your veggies cook. So easy!
Of course, noodles!
- Ramen noodles: you’ll keep these separate til your Asian chicken noodle soup is cooked, and you’re about ready to serve!
- Sliced green onion
- Soft boiled egg (learn how to perfectly boil eggs HERE!)
- Extra squeeze of lime
- Dash of hot sauce (we love Franks, Sriracha and Siete hot sauces!)
How to Freeze Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Noodle soups don’t always get along with the freezer! But we aren’t telling you that you can’t freeze this Asian chicken noodle soup, but you should take some precautions.
When you freeze soup with noodles, the noodles tend to soak up all the moisture and then start to disintegrate into the broth during the freezing process.
Hot tip–> Prepare your noodle soup recipe just as you normally would, but leave the ramen noodles out! Freeze the base of the soup with everything except the noodles.
When you thaw the soup and are ready to eat it, heat the soup on the stovetop, and add the ramen noodles and let them quickly cook! Your soup will be ready to eat before you know it.
More Asian Soup Recipes
More Chicken Soup Recipes
- Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium carrots, diced
- 8 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon green curry paste (or red)
- 2 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon fresh ground lemongrass
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- 8 oz. Japanese-style ramen noodles
- Soft boiled egg
- Heat a large pot over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add carrots, celery, and onion to the pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and red pepper to the pot and saute veggies for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste, ginger, and lemongrass to the pot and whisk everything together until combined.
- Finally, place chicken breast into the pot and make sure it is submerged into the liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, prepare ramen noodles by following the instructions on the package.
- When ramen noodles are done cooking, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Remove chicken breast from the pot, shred it, and add it right back into the pot.
- Add lime slices and green onions to the soup.
- If serving the soup immediately, add ramen noodles to the pot, bring soup to another boil, and then serve.
- If meal prepping the soup or eating it later, store ramen noodles separate from the soup and combine the soup and noodles right before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 recipe Calories: 355 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 833 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 3 Protein: 20
Keywords: asian chicken noodle soup