Healthy tuna salad lovers, meet your new favorite sandwich! This avocado tuna salad sandwich is packed with protein and fresh greens, and served on a whole wheat everything bagel. Pair with your favorite veggies or tortilla chips, and lunch is served!
The Best Tuna Salad You’ve Ever Had
The great thing about this avocado tuna salad is that there is no mayo involved. And we promise you won’t miss it! Between the avocado and the cream cheese, you’ll have just the right amount of creamy flavor sans any mayo at all. Plus, all the ingredients are tossed together with a simple vinaigrette.
It’s a lime vinaigrette dressing that brings out the best in all the flavors of the other ingredients, which are all either fresh or canned. AND it’s ready to eat in under 10 minutes! AND it’s high in healthy fats and protein, too. AND when you put it all together in a sammie, you’re on your way to a healthy and delicious lunch that can easily be taken on the go. Here’s what you need to get started:
For the Avocado Tuna Salad:
- Canned tuna (we highly suggest white Albacore tuna)
- Red onion
- Lime vinaigrette
For the Sandwich:
- Whole wheat everything bagel
- Cream cheese
- Alfalfa sprouts
Not a Bagel Fan? No Problemo!
While we think the everything bagel is pretty much the dream sandwich bread, if you’re into another vehicle to get this avocado tuna salad in your belly, you do you! This tuna salad is delish in many forms. We recommend:
- Dave’s Killer Bread
- English muffin
- Siete tortillas
- Leaf lettuce to make wraps
- Tortilla chips for dipping!
- On its own as an avocado tuna salad
More Healthy Sandwich Recipes
More Tuna Salad Recipes
Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwich
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 20 oz. white Albacore Tuna canned in water (we used 4 5-oz. cans)
- 2 large avocados pitted and chopped
- 1/4 large red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 6 whole wheat everything bagels
- 12 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 cups alfalfa sprouts
For the Avocado Tuna Salad
- First, make the avocado tuna salad. You can find the instrucitons HERE.
For the Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese evenly across all 6 bagels.
- Place sprouts evenly on 1 slice of each of the 6 bagels.
- Spread the avocado tuna salad evenly on the other slice of all 6 bagels. Place the sprout covered bagel slice on top of the avocado tuna salad covered bagel slice.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or tortilla chips.
Tips & Notes
- If you are meal prepping this recipe to eat at a later time, wait to add the avocado to the salad until you are ready to eat. The avocado will brown and get slimy if you add it in right away!
- Nutrition includes 1 Dave's Killer Bread Everything Bagel per serving.