Eat the rainbow with these delicious Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls made with fresh cilantro lime shrimp, brown rice, cabbage slaw, and a homemade Greek yogurt dressing! This shrimp buddha bowl recipe is perfect for meal prep and is excellent reheated for a healthy lunch or dinner.
THIS JUST IN: It’s actually impossible for me to sit still and rest my foot.
I think I gave it all a week before I said screw these crutches, I’m walking on my air cast. You see- I met with two different docs. One said that I have to stay completely non-weight bearing for 6 weeks and the other one (who was much more progressive) said that I could walk on my air cast as long as it didn’t hurt. I went the progressive route and decided to give walking a shot. I do want to note that I did stay completely off it for the first 7 days (THANK YOU FLU OF DEATH), but that I have been hobbling along the past 3 weeks (OMG how has it already almost been 4 weeks) on my boot. The doc said he wanted to see me after 4-6 weeks in that thing and I have an appointment scheduled for next week. FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD NEWS.
Not going to lie- my foot is still extremely sore in some spots and VERY stiff. I’ve been keeping as much weight as possible in my heel because it puts no pressure on the break, BUT I have been working out like 5 days a week and not resting as much as I should be. I say working out, but everything is VERY modified. DON’T WORRY I AM BEING SAFE ABOUT IT AND WORKING WITH PROFESSIONAL. Nonetheless I’m thinking I’m going to need to be in this boot for a full 6 weeks.
One last thing before I jump into this recipe- sleeping with a boot on is weird and that’s just a FACT. I am a no-sock sleeper, so sleeping with a boot on was a big adjustment at the beginning and is still hard to do. That is all.
This is the most beautiful recipe I’ve ever made and IT’S SO GOOD! These cilantro lime shrimp bowls have sooooo much flavor and are such an amazing meal prep lunch or dinner! Can I stop for a second to make fun of Linley? SHE IS OBSESSED WITH ARUGULA. We were joking the other day that the arugula God spoke to her because that’s all the woman eats. Such a great leaf.
If you make this recipe PLEASE don’t forget the Greek yogurt dressing. SO GOOD and SO NECESSARY.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls
For the Brown Rice
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
For the Slaw
For the Greek Yogurt Dressing
For the Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- 1 lb. pre-cooked shrimp tails-off
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the Brown Rice
- Place 1 cup of short grain brown rice and 2 cups of water into a medium size pot. Turn to high and bring to a rolling boil. Cover and turn to low. Let simmer for around 30-35 minutes or until all of the liquid has absorbed.
For the Slaw
- Place 2 cups of shredded carrots and 2 cups of shredded purple cabbage in a large bowl.
- Prep dressing by mixing together rice vinegar, lime juice, salt, and maple syrup together. Then, pour over veggies.
Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic powder, and lime juice.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Place coconut oil and garlic in a large sauce pan. Heat to medium/high heat. Add in shrimp and sautee for 2-3 minutes, just enough to heat them up.
- Squeeze on lime juice, season with salt and pepper, cumin, and fresh cilantro.
- ****Note: There will be a sauce of sorts that is created from the shrimp. We recommend pouring it over the rice!
- Serve with a handful of arugula.
4 Servings, People!
I wanted to make a note that this recipe serves 4! That means you should just separate each section out into 1/4 servings and you’re good to go for meal prep! In this recipe, you’ll get…
- a serving of whole grains
- a serving of lean protein
- 955 servings of veggies
- healthy fats