Welcome to May 2023’s edition of Fit Foodie Cooking Club! This month’s we’re making one of our top rated desserts of all time — honey peanut butter scotcheroos.
What is Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge to get you in the kitchen cooking from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to all make the same recipe each month to celebrate real food.
May 2023 – The Details
Read the below details VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month: honey peanut butter scotcheroos
Is there anything better than a scotcheroo? You just can’t beat the peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate combination. These are a great dessert bar to make for picnics, birthday parties, potlucks, and just for a tasty treat!
And our honey peanut butter scotcheroos are made sans corn syrup and white sugar and taste better than the OG.
Why you’ll love ’em!
Serves a crowd
Better than the OG
Easy to make
No white sugar or corn syrup
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
All About Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Peanut butter: our go-to peanut butter for baked goods is Smuckers All-Natural.
- Honey: honey is used for both sweetness and stickiness.
- Rice crispies: feel free to either use normal rice crispies cereal or brown rice crispies. We’ve tried this recipe with both.
- Chocolate chips: the chocolate topping is made from chocolate chips. You can use either semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips.
- Butterscotch chips: every scotcheroo deserves a fair share of butterscotch chips!
- Coconut oil: coconut oil is used to slightly soften the chocolate topping so it’s easy to bite through.
Tools You’ll Need
A few tips
Serve a crowd: Feel free to cut these healthy scotcheroos into huge squares for a filling dessert, or cut them into bite-sized pieces for a sweet treat that serves a crowd.
Freeze ’em! We love to keep our bite-sized scotcheroos in the freezer for an easy dessert that we can just put on a platter and serve!
Turn these bars into balls!
Since we’re huge fans of bite-sized desserts, we tested this recipe by rolling the scotcheroos into balls and dipping them into chocolate. We promise you’ll love it. Here’s how to do it:
- Once you’ve mixed together your bottom layer, use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the “dough” into your hands.
- Roll the scotcheroos into balls. Sometimes it helps if you get your hands wet. Set them aside.
- Make the chocolate layer as directed.
- Roll each ball into the melted chocolate and place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 1 hour to ensure the chocolate has set.
How to Enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Go to the Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos blog post.
- Make the recipe and snap a photo of it.
- Leave a comment on the Honey Peanut Butter Scotcheroos blog post with a photo of your creation letting people know how it went. We’d love a star rating, but it’s not required. Make sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because this is how we’ll contact the winners!
join the fit foodie cooking club on facebook!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 – the last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 – the winners will be randomly selected and announced in this blog post and on social media.
2 participants will each win a $100 lululemon gift card. The selection will be random and based on comments that are received between May 2 and May 30, 2023.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (May 31, 2023) via social media and blog post.
Charity of the Month
Each month we’ll select a different charity to support. May 2023’s charity of the month is the National Alliance on Mental Illness Minnesota (NAMI). We’ll be doubling the match from our giveaway winners to donate $400 to NAMI to aid in their efforts.
NAMI Minnesota is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families. For over 40 years, NAMI Minnesota has worked to promote the development of community mental health programs and services, change public attitudes about mental illnesses, improve access to services and increase opportunities for recovery.
To serve that mission, NAMI Minnesota works with individuals with mental illness, their families, professionals and the community at large by providing education, support and advocacy.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate to NAMI HERE.