These Gluten Free Triple Berry Crumble Bars are the perfect treat. They’re sweet and tart at the same time and the best part is, they’re healthy!
These bars are gluten free, vegan, and refined-sugar free. They are made with a cashew and oat base + 3 kinds of berries: blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries! Enjoy.
The Most Beautiful Bars
These might be the most beautiful bars I ever set eyes on. Anyone else out there prefer their desserts not so sweet? These bars are perfectly tart and a little bit sweet, meaning you can really taste ALL THE FLAVORS in every single bite.
So many times, desserts are wayyyyy over done with too much sugar. Once you hit a certain point with sugar, it doesn’t even taste good anymore IMO. This recipe is wholesome and healthy and legit the perfect fruity treat!
We really hope you guys make this recipe and LOVE it. It really is the perfect treat: it’s great for those who are gluten free or who really like fruity desserts! Oh, and if you’re feeling sassy, you can totally eat a bar for breakfast, too. They are THAT healthy.
This crumble crust is made with a cashew and oat base, and sweetened with:
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- vanilla almond milk
- a little vanilla extract
The best part about this crumble crust is that it also doubles as the crumble topping for these bars. Two for one, people. This means that you’ll make one batch of the crumble crust, and separate it into portions for the crust and the topping. Then, you’re onto the filling:
Tripe Berry Filling
The filling is a mixture of three kinds of berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries!), honey, and a splash of orange juice. When you mix it all together into one recipe…it’s HEAVEN in bar form. And it’s easy to make:
You’ll start by placing all ingredients for the berry filling (except for the tapioca flour) into a medium sauce pan.
Turn the stovetop heat to high, and bring filling to a boil, making sure to stir often. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to continue stirring during this time.
Finally, add tapioca flour to the berry mixture, and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until the filling has thickened.
Toppings for Crumble Bars
We suggest topping these bars with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. YUM YUM YUM. What will you be topping your triple berry crumble bars with?!
More Dessert Bars
- Apple Pie Bars
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Easy Coconut Key Lime Bars
Triple Berry Crumble Bars
For the Berry Filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8x8-inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, mix all crust/crumble ingredients together in a medium/large mixing bowl.
- Then, take 2/3 of the mixture and press it evenly onto the bottom of the oiled 8x8 pan. Set the rest of the crust/crumble mixture aside (this is what you will use for the crumble topping).
- Bake crust at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Remove crust and set aside.
- Next, place all ingredients for the berry filling (except for the tapioca flour) into a medium sauce pan.
- Turn heat to high and bring filling to a boil, stirring often. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Continue stirring.
- Add tapioca flour to the berry mixture and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until thickened. Stir often.
- Once the berry filling has thickened, pour on top of the crust.
- Spread the rest of the crumble mixture over the top of the berry filling and then bake for another 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before placing into the fridge for at least 2 hours to let the filling set. Slice and enjoy!