Start your morning off with a delicious golden milk latte. This golden milk latte recipe is made with ground turmeric, almond milk, maple syrup, and fresh ginger.
What is a golden milk latte?
A golden milk latte AKA turmeric latte originated in India and is made with milk and ground turmeric. Turmeric is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, making this drink very healing and soothing (source).
We are sharing our adaptation of this warm, yellow drink that soothes the soul.
What does a golden milk latte taste like?
A golden milk latte is an earthy, warm drink that is slightly sweet. It can be served both warm and iced, but is typically served warm.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
What You Need
- Almond milk: we’re using unsweetened, plain almond milk for this recipe. Feel free to swap for oat or soy.
- Ground turmeric: ground turmeric is the star of the show in this turmeric latte. Our recipe calls for 1.5 teaspoons.
- Fresh ginger: fresh ginger adds the perfect amount of spice. Ginger is great for digestion and so delicious.
- Ground cinnamon: cinnamon adds a bit of spice to this drink. You can always use a cinnamon stick instead of ground cinnamon.
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is our sweetener of choice. If you’d like, you can use sugar or honey as well.
Follow this easy tutorial for how to make a matcha latte. Our signature matcha latte recipe calls for 4 ingredients – matcha powder, hot water, steamed milk, and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Place almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup in a medium pot.
- Turn heat to medium/high and whisk until the spices dissolve.
- Once the liquid starts to bubble on the sides, remove it from the heat. You do not want to bring it to a boil or you may burn the almond milk.
- Give your golden milk latte a taste and add more maple syrup, to taste.
- Discard the ginger and serve immediately.
Milk: switch up the milk with your favorite non-dairy beverages. Options include soy, oat, of almond milk.
Sweetener: any kind of sweetener (to taste) works! We love how warm maple syrup is, but you can always use white sugar, brown sugar, agave, or honey.
Make it Frothy: serve this turmeric latte extra frothy by using a milk frother. The foam is delicious.
Make it Iced: like it iced instead? Follow the recipe as is and then serve it over ice.
Make it Dirty: need some caffeine? Serve your golden milk latte with a shot of espresso or strong brewed coffee.
Golden Milk Latte
- Heat all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine and heat the mixture just until it begins to steam and bubble around the edges– about 3-4 minutes. Make sure to whisk often so the mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk it again to make sure all of the spices have been distributed. Discard the ginger.
- (Optional) Use a hand frother to froth the latte to your desired thickness.
- Divide between two mugs and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- You can substitute your favorite sweetener for maple syrup. Honey, agave, or brown sugar would all be delicious.
- For extra warmth and spice notes, add one-star anise or a cardamom pod to the mixture in step 1.
- For a dirty latte, add 1-oz. (1 shot) of freshly brewed espresso to each mug before topping it with the golden milk.