Starbucks’ latest latte is this delicious Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte. Today, we’ll teach you how to make this festive drink both iced and hot!
Copycat Starbucks Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
If you’ve had Starbucks’ Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte and you’re here to figure out how to recreate it, welcome! You’ve come to the right place because we have a pretty great dupe recipe for you.
This yummy latte was released in the Winter of 2021 as a Starbucks holiday drink. It comes both iced to fit all preferences. We’ve tried both and can vouge that they’re both equally delicious.
Why you’ll love it!
Easy: in less than 10 minutes you’ll be sipping on this delicious coffee drink.
5-Star Dupe: it tastes like the real deal!
Save $$ and Time: Instead of driving all the way to Starbucks and spending $6, make your own creation for less in your very own kitchen.
What You Need
Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
What makes this a sugar cookie almond milk latte? The simple syrup!
- Sugar: white sugar is used as the sweetener in this recipe.
- Water: water is used to create the simple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: a whole teaspoon of vanilla extract adds that yummy sugar cookie flavor.
- Butter or butter extract: you read that right…butter! You can use either salted butter or a hint of butter extract to really portray that sugar cookie flavor.
Make it refined sugar free!
Instead of using white sugar, try using maple syrup to make this recipe refined sugar-free.
Espresso: depending on whether you’re making a hot or iced latte, we recommend using hot espresso or chilled espresso concentrate. If you can brew a blonde espresso, this is what Starbucks uses in-store.
Don’t have access to an espresso maker? Good news, there are so many options on the market that make this super simple.
- Cold brew concentrate: Starbucks actually sells a cold brew coffee that would be a great supplement for the espresso. Or, you can make your own.
- Regular coffee: instead of using 2 oz. espresso, just brew a really strong cup of coffee!
Vanilla extract: yes, more vanilla is added to the base of the latte. It is a sugar cookie latte after all!
Almond milk: we’re using unsweetened almond milk, but really any kind of milk will work such as cows, oat, or soy.
Red & green sprinkles: since this is one of Starbucks’ holiday drinks, it wouldn’t be complete without red and green sprinkles!
Make the Simple Syrup
- Add water, sugar, and vanilla to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove it from the heat and then add the butter or butter extract.
- Whisk until the butter melts and set aside.
Make it Hot
To make a hot sugar cookie almond milk latte, start off by pouring the simple syrup on the bottom of a mug.
Then, add the hot espresso and mix.
Steam the almond milk and vanilla using your stovetop or a milk frother. Make sure not to bring it to a boil or you’ll risk burning the milk.
Once hot, pour the milk on top of the espresso and mix. Top with red and green holiday sprinkles.
If you make this a hot latte, we highly recommend topping it with some u003ca href=u0022https://fitfoodiefinds.com/how-to-make-whipped-cream/u0022u003ehomemade whipped creamu003c/au003e. Delicious.
Make it Iced
If you’re looking to make an iced sugar cookie almond milk latte, start by filling a tall glass with ice.
Then add the espresso concentrate, simple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix.
Top the latte with almond milk and a sprinkle of your festive green and red sprinkles.
If you make this iced variation and you use melted butter (not butter extract), the butter may harden in the drink because of the ice. Simple stir and you should be good to go!
Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon salted butter*
- 2 oz. hot espresso or chilled espresso concentrate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- red and green sprinkles to taste
Sugar Cookie Simple Syrup
- Prepare the sugar cookie syrup. Place the water, sugar, and vanilla extract into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium/high heat. Whisk the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter to the simple syrup and whisk until the butter has melted.
For an Iced Latte
- Fill a tall glass with ice and then pour in the espresso.
- Add the sugar cookie simple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Finally, top the latte with almond milk and holiday colored sprinkles and enjoy.
For a Hot Latte
- Pour the sugar cookie syrup into the bottom of a mug and then pour the espresso on top and mix the two ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla extract to the same saucepan and heat the almond milk over medium heat until it reaches your desired temperature. Make sure you don’t boil the almond milk or it will burn.
- Pour the almond milk into a tall glass and froth the milk with a hand frother. Note that you can also use a milk frother if you have one instead of heating on the stove.
- Pour the almond milk on top of the espresso and gently stir the ingredients together being careful not to disrupt the foam.
- Sprinkle the latte with holiday colored sprinkles and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- Salted butter: option to use 1/8 teaspoon butter extract instead. If you make this iced, the butter may coagulate in the drink. Just stir it and it should be good to go! To make this recipe dairy-free, use vegan butter.
- The white sugar adds the sugar cookie flavor to the latte, but you can substitute the sugar with honey or maple syrup.
Fantastic! I used pistachio milk and added a splash of almond extract. AMAZING! Cheers, and thanks for a wonderful recipe:)
Taste so similar!
Thank you for this recipe! It’s delicious, so similar to the Starbucks version. I’ve tried other recipes and none came close, yours is A+!