Learn to make the Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew at home. Grab some of your favorite fall ingredients like pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and let’s mix up a delicious drink.
The Perfect Fall Drink – Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Cool mornings and fall colors are on their way and we’re celebrating with this Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe!
Made with real pumpkin, a variation of our Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam, and maple syrup, this fall drink is about to be your favorite.
PS: check out our ASMR video of this on TikTok!
What is pumpkin cream cold brew?
This cold drink is one of Starbucks’ most popular fall drinks. It’s made with a cold brew base and topped with a pumpkin vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
the best part of this pumpkin cream cold brew
The best part about our variation of this drink is that it’s naturally sweetened with just maple syrup! That’s right, there’s no white sugar involved.
Plus, we’re using REAL pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for the ultimate flavor combo.
Ingredients You Need
There are only 7 ingredients in this pumpkin cream cold brew. All very simple ingredients that you should have on hand at all times.
Pumpkin is in the title, so of course, we’re going to use a bit of pumpkin puree to give the pumpkin cream in this recipe delicious pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin spice is in every delicious fall recipe. We use it in most of our delicious fall pumpkin recipes. A little goes a long way!
You need a little bit of sweetness in this pumpkin cream cold brew. No processed sugar or additives but delicious maple syrup. Feel free to use honey or your favorite simple syrup instead!
Why salt? A pinch of salt to the vanilla sweet cream enhances every single ingredient in this drink!
The vanilla sweet cream is a combination of a few ingredients. The heavy cream in this recipe adds the delicious richness you’re looking for in this copycat recipe.
2 % Milk
You combine heavy cream and 2% cream to make the vanilla sweet cream because if you were to just use heavy cream to your cold brew it would mostly likely clump.
The base of this coffee drink is cold brew coffee, not espresso. You have two options when it comes to what kind of cold brew coffee you will use.
- Homemade cold brew coffee- we have a delicious cold brew coffee recipe on FFF. If you are going to take the homemade cold brew coffee route be sure that you make it the day before. Homemade cold brew coffee takes between 12-18 hours to make.
- Store bought cold brew coffee– if you don’t have the time to make homemade cold brew coffee feel free to use store bought cold brew concentrate. There are so many great brands out there.
make your own
Make a big batch of this homemade pumpkin spice to use in all of your favorite fall recipes.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream
- Mix everything in the jar: Place the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, milk, and cream into a jar.
- Mix: Put the cap on the jar and mix to combine everything together. Option to serve as is.
- Froth: To turn the pumpkin cream into a foam, use a frother to froth it for 15-20 seconds.
Mix Up the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Make the Cold Brew
If you are using homemade cold brew you have to let it sit in the refrigerator for up to 18 hours so be sure to make it a day before. Here is the short version of how to make homemade cold brew
- Combine– Add 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee beans to 3 cups of water. Stir until mixed together.
- Refrigerate– Place the cold brew in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Strain- Pour the cold brew through a sieve or coffee filter and discard the grounds.
For a more tips and tricks on how to make cold brew check out this post!
Make the cream
To make the pumpkin cream for the pumpkin cream cold brew, place the cream, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup, and salt into a mason jar.
Other Ways to Mix– you can also use a frother to mix the cream or even a blender!
Mix them together
Add 1/2 cup of ice to a large glass. Pour cold brew over the ice and then add as much pumpkin cream as you would like on top of the cold brew. Enjoy!
A Few More Things…
Can I Make this Dairy Free?
Though we recommend making this pumpkin cream cold brew with dairy milk you can use some creamier milk substitute and still be left with a delicious drink.
Substitute either oat milk or pea milk for the heavy cream and milk for a creamy non-dairy option
MAKE A FOAM
If you prefer foam over cream in this pumpkin cream cold brew, you can do it!
To turn the pumpkin cream into foam by using a hand-held frother to froth the cream for 15-20 seconds.
SERVE OVER ICE
We recommend hands down serving this drink over ice. The cold brew that you use will most likely be a concentrate and tends to be better ice cold! Pour the cold brew over ice and then add the pumpkin cream!
CAN I MAKE IT HOT?
We do not recommend making this drink hot, but if you must go for it!
Heat the cold brew in the microwave and then add the pumpkin cream to the hot coffee.
We recommend storing the pumpkin cream separate from the cold brew coffee and mixing them together right before you are ready to enjoy your drink.
Store the pumpkin cream in an air-tight container. in the refrigerator and store the cold brew in a separate air-tight jar.
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2.5 tablespoons maple syrup, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups cold brew coffee
- First, prepare the pumpkin cream.
- Place the cream, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup, and salt into a mason jar.
- Cover the jar and shake until all of the ingredients are combined.
- To turn this vanilla sweet cream into “foam” use a hand-held frother to froth for 15-30 seconds until foamy.
- Add the cold brew coffee and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to a separate large mason jar or pitcher. Whisk the two ingredients together.
- Fill a cup with ice and add 1 cup of the cold brew to the cup.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pumpkin cream on top of the cold brew and use a tall stirring spoon to combine the cold brew and sweet cream.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 143 Sugar: 9 Sodium: 56 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 0 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 41
Keywords: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew