Start your day with this deliciously easy London fog drink! This latte is made with earl grey tea, your favorite steamed milk and slightly sweetened.
Sip on this London Fog Drink!
Now that the leaves are starting to turn and autumn is in the air, we’re craving all the warm drinks over here at Fit Foodie HQ, including this amazing London fog drink! We love this latte because it brings together the flavors of earl grey tea with yummy steamed milk and can be sweetened to your liking.
What is a London fog Drink?
A traditional London fog is made with earl grey tea, a hint of vanilla, and steamed milk. This variation is served hot, but we also have an iced London fog latte recipe.
Is there caffeine in a London fog Drink?
There is caffeine in a London fog because there is caffeine in earl grey tea, which is the basis of this drink.
Can you make a london fog iced?
You sure can! Check out our step-by-step tutorial for an iced London fog latte.
What is a dirty london fog?
Make this London fog drink “dirty” by adding a shot of espresso. This will give this London fog recipe a more intense flavor, and obviously increases the caffeine content.
What You Need
While this drink seems fancy, London fogs are rather simple to make and only call for a few ingredients. Here’s what you need:
Earl grey tea: earl grey tea is a black tea blend that has flavors of bergamot with hints of floral and citrus. You need 1 bag of earl grey tea for this London fog drink.
Hot water: because we need to brew the earl grey tea, we’re using hot water.
Sweetener: to sweeten your latte you can use granulated sugar, maple syrup, honey, or even simple syrup.
How to Make a London Fog Drink
Making this London fog drink is as easy as 1-2-3. Let’s do this:
- Add the tea bag, hot water, and sugar to a bowl or mug. Allow it to steep for 3-4 minutes, depending on how strong you like your latte. Make sure you stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Meanwhile, use a milk steamer to steam your milk of choice. Don’t have a milk steamer? You can steam in a small saucepan over the stovetop as well.
- Transfer the earl grey tea into a mug and then top with the steamed milk. Ahh delicious!
London Fog Drink Variations
Serve it cold: instead of serving this London fog hot, chill your early grey tea and serve over ice with cold milk.
Flavored sweetener: use a vanilla or lavender simple syrup for a flavor blast.
Make it dirty: add a shot of espresso to your London fog for a more intense flavor.
Make a Large Batch
Want to serve more than one London fog drink? Make a large batch! Serves 6:
- 6 earl grey tea bags
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cups milk
Add earl grey tea bags and sweetener to a large jar. Then, pour in hot water. Let steep for 3-4 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
While the tea is steeping, steam the milk either in batches using your milk steamer, or in a small saucepan on the stove top.
When the tea has steeped, remove the tea bags and pour evenly into 6 mugs. Top with steamed milk, and enjoy!
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- ½ cup hot water (about 150ºF)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste (option to sub maple syrup)
- ½ cup milk, any kind
- Add the tea bag, hot water, and sugar to a bowl or mug. Allow it to steep for 3-4 minutes, depending on how strong you like your latte. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Meanwhile, use a milk steamer to steam your milk of choice.
- Transfer the earl grey tea into a mug and then top with the steamed milk. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information uses 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and unsweetened almond milk.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 31 Sugar: 4 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Keywords: london fog, london fog latte, london fog drink