Rise and shine with this yummy iced London fog latte! This delicious morning drink is made with early grey tea and milk.
Good Morning Iced London Fog Latte
What is a London fog latte?
A traditional London fog is made with earl grey tea, a hint of vanilla, and steamed milk. This variation is then served over ice to drink cold.
Is there caffeine in a London fog latte?
There is caffeine in a London fog latte because there is caffeine in earl grey tea, which is the basis of this drink.
Can you make a hot london fog?
Absolutely! Check out our hot London fog latte for step-by-step instructions.
What You Need
Lucky for you, iced London fog lattes are rather simple to make and only call for a few ingredients. Here’s what you need:
Earl grey tea: earl grey tea is a black tea blend that has flavors of bergamot with hints of floral and citrus. You need 1 bag of earl grey tea for this iced London fog latte.
Hot water: in order to brew the tea quickly, we’re using hot water.
Sweetener: to sweeten your latte you can use white sugar, maple syrup, honey, or even simple syrup.
Ice: because this is an iced latte, you obviously need ice!
How to Make an Iced London Fog Latte
This AM drink is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Steep tea: Steep tea bag along with your sweetener of choice in hot water for 3-4 minutes.
- Let chill: Discard the tea bag and then transfer the hot tea into the fridge for around 10 minutes to chill.
- Serve over ice: Fill a large glass with ice and pour in the tea. Then, top with your favorite milk.
Serve it hot: instead of chilling in the fridge, add the earl grey tea into a mug and top with steamed milk.
Flavored sweetener: use a vanilla or lavender simple syrup for a flavor blast.
Make a large batch and store it for later!
Set yourself up for morning success a brew a large batch of this for early morning London fog lattes! Serves 6:
- 6 earl grey tea bags
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 3 cups hot water
Add earl grey tea and sweetener to a large jar. Then, pour in hot water. Let steep for 3-4 minutes, stirring every once in a while. Once the tea is done steeping, discard the tea bags. Let tea sit in the fridge for up to 5 days.
When you’re ready to serve, pour 1/2 cup of tea into an ice-filled glass. Top with cold milk. Enjoy!
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- ½ cup hot water (about 150ºF)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste (option to sub maple syrup)
- ½ cup milk, any kind
- Add the tea bag, hot water, and sugar to a bowl or mug. Allow it to steep for 3-4 minutes, depending on how strong you like your latte. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the tea bag and transfer the mixture to the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Fill a large glass with ice and add the cooled tea mixture. Then, top with milk. Stir gently and enjoy immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information uses 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and unsweetened almond milk.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 31 Sugar: 4 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Keywords: London fog latte