Get out your pressure cooker and make this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup. This one pot meal is easy to make and packed with flavor! You can make this stuffed pepper soup recipe for the entire week for an easy healthy lunch and/or dinner.
We Love Instant Pot Soup
Is there anything better than knowing there is a big bowl of soup waiting for you at the end of a busy day? No, there’s not! Having a couple healthy meals or snacks prepared during the week is just the best because life. gets. BUSY.
We are fans of many different kinds of meal prepping gadgets –> slow cookers, yes, please. Dutch oven? Sure, let’s do it! Lately, we’ve been testing and using the magnificent Instant Pot! You Instant Pot fans out there are probably familiar with our Instant Pot Hamburger Soup or our Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken. These are two of the most popular healthy Instant Pot recipes on Fit Foodie Finds because these one-pot meals include veggies, protein, and are (obviously) delicious. I just love having a whole meal in ONE pot because not only is it easy to make, it’s easy to clean!
Don’t get me wrong, we love basic Instant Pot recipes, but the fact that you can make an entire meal in no time by putting all of the ingredients in RAW just blows my mind! Keep ready to learn how to make this super simple Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
In total, you’re going to need around 45 minutes for this recipe. Although the cook time is technically only 3 minutes, most of the time is allocated to letting your Instant Pot build pressure. Follow these 4 steps and have dinner ready in no time!
- Step 1- Brown Meat: Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature. Brown ground beef for 3-4 minutes. Don’t worry about cooking it all the way as it will cook more when yo pressure cook.
- Step 2- Add rest of Ingredients: Turn off the saute feature and add the rest of the ingredients (minus 1 cup of broth…you’ll add this later). Give your soup a good stir making sure all of your spices dissolve into the broth.
- Step 3- Seal and Pressure Cook: Seal your instant pot and turn your Instant Pot on to high pressure and set the timer for 3 minutes. Since there is a lot of contents inside of your Instant Pot, it will take at least 10 minutes to fully build up pressure to start counting down. Once your Instant Pot beeps, you know the 3 minutes has officially started.
- Step 4- Quick release, add more broth, stir, & serve: When the timer runs out, quick release the valve and let the steam out. Make sure to wear an oven mitt so you don’t burn yourself, the steam is hot! Once the steam has fully released, open your Instant Pot, add 1 more cup of broth, and stir. Serve Stuffed Pepper Soup with Greek yogurt and green onions.
I wanted to make a quick note about reheating this soup. Once you put this stuffed pepper soup in the refrigerator it will, I repeat, IT WILL thicken. White rice makes up the base of this soup and it will suck up a lot of the moisture in the fridge. So? Just add a little bit more beef broth before heating back up and serving. This is normal!
Healthy Instant Pot Soup (and chili) Recipes
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (any kind of ground meat will work)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 5 cups beef broth, divided
- 1–15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1–15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1–4oz. can green chiles
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute function and add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and garlic. Cook for one minute and then add ground beef.
- Saute beef for 3-4 minutes, partially browning.
- Turn saute function off and add the rest of the ingredients (only 4 cups of broth) to the Instant Pot and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover Instant Pot, seal valve, and cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
- When your Instant Pot beeps, quick release and let out the steam. Then, open Instant Pot.
- Add the last cup of broth (or more if desired) and stir.
- Serve stuffed pepper soup with Greek yogurt and green onions.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: Store soup in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: The soup will thicken in the fridge, so add a little more beef broth before, heating back up, and serving.
- Freezer Directions: Let soup cool completely before transferring into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag. Seal bag tightly and then freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 413 Sugar: 10 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 58 Fiber: 7 Protein: 18
Keywords: instant Pot Soup, Stuffed Pepper Soup