Fall calls for pumpkin overnight oats! This pumpkin cheesecake overnight oats recipe is made with rolled oats, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, and a little maple syrup.
New Favorite Overnight Oats
It’s been a while since we posted a new overnight oats recipe and to be honest, I can’t believe we don’t have a pumpkin overnight oats recipe on FFF!
Better late than never is my motto because these are new new favorite overnight oats!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Man, these pumpkin overnight oats really do taste like cheesecake. I mean, they’re slightly sweet, a little tangy, and SO CREAMY.
We love this recipe because it’s the best way on the internet to use your leftover pumpkin puree. So many recipes call for 1 cup of pumpkin puree and then you’re left with about 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup leftover. Well, we’ve got the solution for you –>
PUMPKIN SPICE OVERNIGHT OATS!
What you Need
- rolled oats – old fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats work too.
- pumpkin puree – make sure to buy unsweetened pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- drippy almond butter – any kind of nut butter works. This makes your oats super creamy!
- maple syrup – maple brings out all the delicious pumpkin pie spice flavors!
- pumpkin pie spice – buy a mix at the store or make your own!
- chia seeds – chia seeds are an overnight oats staple. They add a lot of volume to your breakfast.
- unsweetened almond milk – any kind of milk works.
- Greek yogurt – member when we said cheesecake? This is what gives it that consistency!
homemade pumpkin pie spice
Make a big batch of our homemade pumpkin pie spice for all of your favorite pumpkin recipes! It is a great homemade spice blend to have on hand in the fall! Here’s what you need:
Make it gluten free
Good news! All you have to do is buy certified gluten-free rolled oats in order to make sure this recipe is gluten free.
Make it vegan
Swap the Greek yogurt for a dairy free yogurt. Can’t find dairy free yogurt? Option to omit the Greek all together.
Can I double this recipe?
We love doubling overnight oats recipe and this one is no exception. Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple!
Place overnight oats in an airtight container such as a glass meal-prep container. Store overnight oats in the refrigerator.
How long do overnight oats last in the fridge? These pumpkin overnight oats will last you around 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons drippy almond butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Place all the ingredients for the pumpkin cheesecake overnight oats into a large bowl or container. Mix to combine.
- Cover the container and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, mix overnight oats and add milk as needed to thin things out depending on how thick you like it. Eat immediately.
This was my first overnight oats recipe and now I’m hooked! I was a little nervous to try chia seeds since every time I’ve had them they have been slimy, but now I can’t live without them in my oats! It turns my overnight oats into a delicious breakfast custard that I eat every morning now. So far I’ve tried 3 different recipes, and I’m excited to try more!
I absolutely loved this recipe! I did add just a little bit of protein powder to up the protein content. But besides that I stuck to the recipe and will definitely be making it again soon!