This Sausage Pizza Pasta is made in just 30-minutes using just 8 simple ingredients. We’ve stripped a sausage pizza and turned it into a delicious healthy sausage pizza pasta that’s gluten-free friendly!
Dinner is Served >> Pizza Pasta!
Have your pizza and pasta too with this super simple pizza pasta recipe. In my household, we’re big fans of sausage pizza, but also really enjoy pasta. So, this recipe is a fusion of both.
This pizza pasta is made with ground pork (or Italian sausage) a jar of marinara sauce, your favorite noodle, and lots of cheese. It’s filling, ready in 30-minutes, and kid-friendly. What more could you ask for?
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
- Ground pork – feel free to use regular ground pork or Italian sausage (milk or spicy would be delicious).
- Olive oil – it wouldn’t be a pizza without some olive oil.
- Minced garlic – fresh garlic gives great depth to this recipe.
- Cherry tomatoes – we love the texture that fresh cherry tomatoes give this pasta.
- Fresh basil – fresh basil is important!
- Marinara sauce – instead of using pizza sauce, we opted for marinara sauce. You can use store-bought or homemade.
- Pasta – feel free to use any kind of dried pasta that you ahve on hand.
- Cheese – cheese-wise, we topped this with shaved parmesan cheese, but you can also use mozzarella or an Italian blend.
Make it Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free noodles.
Make it Vegan: to make this pizza pasta vegan, swap the ground sausage for plant-based ground and then use a vegan cheese on top.
Switch Up the “Toppings”: you can easily add other pizza toppings to this such as olives, pepperoni, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, etc. Make it your own!
Transfer cooled pasta into an airtight container and seal. Refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
Sausage Pizza Pasta
- Place olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven and heat over medium/high heat. Then, add in minced garlic and ground pork and cook until pork is fully cooked -- 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes before adding in marinara sauce and fresh basil.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and then turn heat down to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the pasta sauce is simmering, follow the directions on the back of your pasta box and cook 8-oz. of pasta. Once cooked, drain and add to sauce.
- Toss pasta in sauce and top with parmesan cheese.