Looking for a pre-race carbo load? You’ve come to the right place! This Sausage Pizza Pasta is made in just 30-minutes using just 8 simple and healthy ingredients. We’ve stripped a sausage pizza and turned it into a delicious healthy sausage pizza pasta that’s gluten-free friendly!
I feel like I crave pasta at least once a week (I mean, have you seen our Pesto Chicken Pasta?!), especially after a super hard cardio-based workout. Lately, I’ve been loving on all things white noodles. I used to be mortified to eat anything “refined,” but TBH, white pasta is the best kind of pasta! No fear, if you’re not into white pasta, you can buy your favorite such as gluten-free, whole grain, or quinoa-based. The pasta world is your oyster.
This recipe is very simple and only calls for 8 ingredients. You are more than welcome to make your own marinara sauce, but I picked up an organic, sugar-free sauce from the store. When browsing the different marinara sauces, I try and look for no sugar and a short ingredient list where I can pronounce every word. There are some great options out there these days!
Here’s what you need
- ground pork
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- marinara sauce
How could I forget, you also need cheese! It wouldn’t be a sausage PIZZA pasta without the cheese 😀
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 24 oz. marinara sauce (gluten-free, if desired)
- 8 oz. pasta (gluten-free, if desired)
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Place olive oil in a sauce pan and heat over medium/high heat. Then, add in minced garlic and ground pork and saute until pork is fully cooked.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes before adding in marinara sauce and fresh basil.
- Bring marinara to a boil and then turn heat down to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the pasta sauce is simmering, follow the directions on the back of your pasta box and cook 8 oz. of pasta. Once cooked, drain and add to sauce.
- Toss pasta in sauce and top with parmesan cheese!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 486 Sugar: 0 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 20 Fiber: 4 Protein: 43
Keywords: Pizza Pasta