This sheet pan chicken and veggies is an easy dinner that anyone can make. Add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, season, and bake!
Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
We love sheet pan chicken thighs because it’s a “throw everything you have on a pan” and bake it kind of recipe.
This sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe features boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a delicious chicken seasoning, cauliflower, sweet potato, and a whole roasted head of garlic.
If you have an hour, you have time to make this healthy dinner idea!
Everything You Need
You don’t need much to make this sheet pan chicken and veggies meal. Another beautiful thing about this chicken recipe is that you can make substitutions if you don’t have everything on the ingredient list.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sweet potato
- Chicken seasoning
Can I use bone-in chicken thighs?
Feel free to either use boneless or bone-in thighs. We’ve tested this with both and they both work.
Change up the seasoning
Our delicious chicken seasoning is a combination of garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, dried thyme, ground mustard, dried basil, ground pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, brown sugar, and paprika.
If you don’t have every spice, don’t worry, you can go without some spices or even substitute with something you have or use one of these blends:
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Preheat: Before anything preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Season the chicken: Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the chicken seasoning and use your hands to rub the chicken seasoning into the chicken. Be sure the whole chicken thigh is covered. Let the chicken sit.
- Season the veggies: Sprinkle the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onion, and garlic with salt and garlic powder.
- Throw it on the baking sheet: Place the chicken down the middle of the baking sheet and spread the sweet potatoes out on one side of the chicken and cauliflower and onion on the other side.
- Drizzle everything: Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the olive oil, maple syrup, and garlic drizzle and toss.
- Bake! Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, toss, and then bake for another 15 minutes.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies Tips + Tricks
Make sure you oil the baking sheet.
The last thing you need is for your chicken thighs and our vegetables to stick to the baking sheet. Be sure to generously drizzle or spray your baking sheet before putting everything on the baking sheet!
You can use any kind of chicken.
Can I use chicken breasts in this recipe? Yes, you most certainly could use chicken breasts for this recipe. The bake time would be different depending on your chicken breast size. Be sure that the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF and you’re golden.
Switch up the veggies.
You can substitute the vegetables in this recipe for any of your favorite veggies! Below are some great vegetable substitutions.
- Red potatoes
Join the Club!
Be the first to know about the recipe of the month + get other Fit Foodie Cooking Club announcements straight to your inbox!
Store leftover chicken and veggies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into half moons that are about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 head garlic head sliced off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Then, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare an oil for the sheet pan meal by adding the olive oil, maple syrup, and minced garlic to a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Next, season the chicken thighs with the chicken seasoning. Be sure to cover the whole chicken thigh with seasoning. Place the chicken thighs in a line down the middle of the greased baking sheet. Let the chicken sit in the dry rub while the vegetables are being prepared.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower and onion on one side of the chicken thighs and the chopped sweet potato and garlic head on the other side of the chicken.
- Carefully drizzle the oil and maple mixture over the vegetables. Mix the vegetables so that they are all covered in oil.
- Lastly, sprinkle the salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the vegetables.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the vegetables.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan over the vegetables and bake for 3 additional minutes or until the parmesan cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.