…On the no calories part.
I actually found this recipe on Instagram and I’m so glad I decided to venture onto the actual blog post to learn how to make them.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter (all-natural)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 drops of liquid stevia (or to taste)
- Line a mini muffin tray with 12 cupcake lines (I used the reusable kind). Stir all ingredients for the bottom layer together until smooth ( you may have to melt the coconut oil and peanut butter for 20 seconds to get them to mix well) and divide between the wells (each should be about half full). Put the tray in the freezer on a flat surface and freeze until solid (It took mine about 10 minutes). Meanwhile, stir all ingredients together for the top layer until smooth (again, you may have to heat the coconut oil and peanut butter for 20 seconds to get them to mix well) and divide on top of the set chocolate mixture. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid (it took me an additional 10 minutes). Store the treats in the freezer.
Not bad at all for something with no sugar. PLUS- it satisfies my daily choco/peanut butter craving post dinner (give me a woot if you crave these too!). I am keeping these babies in stock from here on out!
I was a little hesitant to add so much coconut oil, but it definitely gives it a great creamy texture. As much as you would think it would be super coconutty, I don’t really think it’s that overpowering. The two main flavors are still the peanut butter and cocoa (chocolate).
You are welcome for posting this 12 hours early. I was going to make you wait until tomorrow AM- but that’s just mean!
Also last but not least- congrats to: KATIE for winning my FitnessGlo 90-Day Membership Giveaway!
Random question of the night: If you were to ask me to make 1 dessert healthier, which dessert woud you choose?