Looking for a high-protein, low-carb dinner? Make these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps in under 30-minutes! They’re packed with ground chicken, diced veggies and the most delicious Thai-inspired seasonings. Make a batch to serve a crowd or meal prep for the week!
We love one-pot meals over here at Fit Foodie Finds. Talking everything from Instant Pot Pork Roast to Golden Curry Soup to Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Casserole. And these Thai lettuce wraps are no exception! Take your one pot meals to the next level with one of these delicious recipes 😀
Lettuce Wraps = Ultimate Dinner!
Ummmmm I think I found my new favorite dinner recipe.
I have a soft spot for Asian food and if it’s made with clean ingredients…even better! Our Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps have been a Fit Foodie Finds reader favorite since they were published back in 2014.
So, when I set out to create this recipe, I decided I wanted something with a little more veggie oomph hence the mushrooms + onion + red pepper than traditional meat-only lettuce wraps that then require you to round up other toppings to add more flavor. The solution? These delish Thai lettuce wraps.
Gluten Free Lettuce Wraps
You bet your bippy this recipe is gluten free, and it can also be made paleo with a simple swap of coconut aminos for tamari. If I had to choose, I would use tamari every time (love love love the flavor!), but that’s just me 😀 And if you’re not a chicken kind of person, feel free to use ground turkey or beef! Basically, make this recipe your own! Let’s get into it:
How to Make Thai Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps are completely prepped, cooked and ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes flat. Can you say perfect weeknight dinner?!
Step 1: Veggie Prep!
First, prep the veggies by finely dicing mushrooms, red pepper, and yellow onion, and set aside. Feel free to get creative and add other veggies if you’d like!
Step 2: Brown Ground Chicken
Next, brown meat by sautéing over medium/high heat in about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of minced garlic. Then, remove from heat, and set aside.
Step 3: Sauté Veggies
In the same pan, add a tablespoon more of olive oil and sauté veggies until onions are translucent. This will transfer all the great meat and garlic flavors you already have in the pan into your veggie mix!
Step 4: Mix it all Up
Pour the ground meat back into the pan and then add in soy sauce, maple syrup, chili paste, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice and sauté until everything is combined.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Serve on baby romaine leaves and garnish with grated carrots and sliced radishes. If you’re not serving a crowd, these Thai lettuce wraps will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
More Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium (or tamari/coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 large carrot, grated (for garnish)
- radishes, sliced (for garnish)
- package of mini romaine heads (or any kind of lettuce)
- First, prep veggies by finely dicing mushrooms, red pepper, and yellow onion. Set aside.
- Next, brown meat by sautéing over medium/high heat in about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of minced garlic. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon more of olive oil and sauté veggies until onions are translucent.
- Pour meat back into pan and then add in soy sauce, maple syrup, chili paste, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice and sauté until everything is combined.
- Serve on baby romaine leaves and garnish with grated carrots and sliced radishes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 309 Sugar: 9 Sodium: 391 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 18 Fiber: 5 Protein: 25
Keywords: lettuce wraps