Make breakfast easy this week by making bagel ham and cheese quiche for a make ahead breakfast! They are easy, delicious, and so fun!
Breakfast Can Be Fun!
We are all about making delicious make ahead breakfast recipes that make your life easier. Nobody ever said that make ahead breakfasts have to be boring, am I right?
One way to make eating healthy easier is to make it FUN. Meal prepping food that you love will keep you excited for all of your meal prepping meals throughout the week!
How do I make breakfast a breeze?
There are a few different ways you can make breakfast easy throughout the week! Make ahead recipes are the perfect solution to your lack of excitement for breakfast during the week.
Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to make-ahead breakfast!
Don’t overdo it.
Sometimes we get overwhelmed when we meal prep because we try to do too much! It is not realistic to meal plan every single meal of your week because life happens!
Try to prepare make ahead recipes for half of the week and leave room for spontaneous meals or meals out to eat!
It’s all about balance.
Make sure you have a good mix of sweet and savory recipes as well a good mix of ingredients throughout the week! The last thing you want is a sweet gut at the end of the week!
Make something fun.
I say this time and time again, but make recipes that make you excited! What is the point of making recipes that you are going to get sick of or that don’t even like. Don’t do that.
Think of your favorite ingredients or an ingredient you want to try and search for it in our recipe index!
Make meal prep easy by having all the right tools you need right at your fingertips! Below is a list of our favorite meal prepping tools.
How to Make Bagel Quiche
This bagel hame and cheese quiche falls under the category of a fun recipe that is delicious and perfect for a make ahead breakfast!
I’m going to say this once–. don’t be afraid of bagels. Bagels can easily be a part of a healthy diet. Just don’t go eating a bagel a day. Do you feel me?
We love this spin on a classic quiche recipe because it is easy, fun, and you can use your favorite bagel rather than whipping up a quiche crust.
Let’s get down to business and chat everything bagel quiche.
Step 1- Choose Ingredients
We decided on a classic ham and cheese quiche theme. Feel free to fill your bagel with your favorite vegetables and your favorite cheese. To make this bagel ham and cheese quiche recipe you will need the ingredients below.
- almond milk
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
here’s a tip
If you want to add more vegetables to your bagel quiche, use whatever veggie you would like. Just be sure to dice it up really small!
Step 2-Prepare Bagel
This is my favorite part of this recipe. I am seriously obsessed with the bagels from the St. Paul Bagelery. I know that not everybody has access to St. Paul Minnesota brands, so Dave’s Killer Bread Bagels are a close second!
When choosing the perfect bagel for this bagel ham and cheese quiche, make sure you choose a thick bagel. You want to be sure that the bagel is thick enough to create a boat for all of the quiche ingredients.
Cut the bagel perfectly in half and dig out the breaded soft middle of the bagel. Be careful not to create holes in the outer crust of the bagel! Once each bagel half has been hallowed out, place them on a greased baking sheet.
What do I do with the leftover bread from the bagel? If you don’t want to waste the innards of the bagel you have a couple of fun options! You can make them into bread crumbs or you can use them as the bread in a french toast bake!
here’s a tip
If you do create a hole in the outer layer of the bagel, use a clump of the soft bread that you just dug out of the bagel and use it as a kind of plug, to cover the hole in the bagel crust.
Step 3- Assemble Bagel Quiche
After placing the bagel half on a greased baking sheet, add two tablespoons of diced ham and 1 tablespoon of minced onion to each bagel half.
Then, whisk the eggs and almond milk together in a small container with a lip to make pouring the egg mixture into the bagel easier. Pour egg mixture into each bagel half.
Start by filling each bagel halfway full. Only fill it halfway the first time around to allow the egg mixture to soak into the bagel.
Let the bagels sit for a couple of minutes and then evenly distribute the rest of the egg mixture into each bagel.
After bagels are full of ham, onion, and egg mixture, sprinkle with cheese or a couple of small dollops of cream cheese.
here’s a tip
Before pouring the egg mixture into the bagel, be sure every bagel is sitting evenly on the pan so they are not tipping towards one side. If you need a “kickstand” for the bagels, use a piece of ham or a little chunk of bread.
Step 4- Bake DAT Quiche
Place bagel ham and cheese quiche in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes! The egg mixture will puff up in the oven, but deflate when you remove it from the oven.
here’s an idea
If you like cheese A LOT, add more cheese to each quiche 5 minutes before bake time is up for extra cheesy quiche.
Healthy Quiche + Frittata Recipes
- 6 bagels, halved (any kind!)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Begin by hollowing out the bagel halves by using your fingers to gently pull out the soft part of the bagel. The goal is to hollow out the bagel only leaving the crust of the bagel. Be careful not to create holes in the crust of the bagel. Repeat until all bagels have been hollowed out. Set bagel halves aside for later.
- Next, whisk eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place bagel halves on the greased baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons of ham and 1 tablespoon of onion to each bagel half.
- Now it’s time to add the egg mixture to the bagels. Do this by using a 1/4 cup scoop and slowly add the egg mixture to each bagel half. The bagel halves with soak up the first 1/4 cup of egg mixture similar to a sponge. Wait a minute for this to happen and then go around and fill each bagel half again until egg mixture is gone.*
- Finallly sprinkle cheddar cheese and/or cream cheese over the top of the bagel halves.
- Place the bagels into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Tips & Notes
- *Egg mixture may leak out of the bagel halves and that’s ok! If there is a hole in any of the bagel halves, plug the holes with the innards of the bagel halves from step #2 of the instructions. This will help prevent the egg mixture from leaking.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 246 Sugar: 3 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 2 Protein: 16
Keywords: ham and cheese quiche