In this post, we’re sharing an easy oatmeal recipe for you to enjoy. Plus, we’re sharing our best healthy oatmeal recipes to inspire you to start your day off right with the perfect bowl of oats!
This list of healthy oatmeal recipes brings you all the oatmeal flavor combos you could ever imagine. With its high fiber content, oatmeal is sure to keep you full all morning to conquer the day ahead!
This is our go-to oatmeal recipe on Fit Foodie Finds. So many readers have made this recipe and loved it so much and we hope you do too.
All Things Oatmeal
I can’t wait to talk about all things oatmeal. I’ve been an oatmeal lover since college and haven’t turned back since. From stove-top oats to overnight oats to slower cooker oats to oats in the Instant Pot…oatmeal will forever be my breakfast of choice.
Why do I love oats so much? Well, they’re…
- High in fiber and antioxidants
- 100% whole grain
- Gluten-free and vegan-friendly
- The best healthy breakfast ever
Plus, oatmeal makes you regular…aka it helps you poop. You know I’m all about my morning poop, so that’s just another one of the million reasons I love oatmeal.
check it out!
On Fit Foodie Finds we have upwards of 60 oatmeal recipes and we can’t wait for you to make them all. For starters, check out some of our top posts: 8 Ways to Eat Overnight Oats, Overnight Oats 6-Ways, and Nutrition-Packed Oatmeal Recipes.
Oatmeal Kitchen Staples
To get you started on your healthy oatmeal-making journey, we’ve rounded up some kitchen staples. These kitchen appliances and items will make your morning oatmeal a breeze!
- Slow cooker
- Instant Pot
- Calphalon Pot
- Kitchen Ninja
- Earlywood sticks
- Measuring cups
- Glass oat storage
- Mason jars
- Casserole dish
Oatmeal Ingredient Staples
Since I am an oatmeal connoisseur (:P) and know all the good stuff that should be included in your very own oatmeal recipe, here are some of our must-have ingredients.
- rolled oats
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- unsweetend almond milk
- protein powder
- dried and fresh fruit
- nuts and seeds
With that said, I thought it would be an excellent idea to share a basic, super simple, 5-minute healthy oatmeal recipe that you could make a staple in your own kitchen. Feel free to add whatever you’d like and get creative with the toppings. Enjoy!
5-Minute Healthy Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk any kind of milk works
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 3-5 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat, and serve immediately.
If you didn’t like that oatmeal recipe above, we’ve got a lot more inspiration where that came from! Now check out all of our best oatmeal recipes that will turn you into an absolute oatmeal lover…if you aren’t already there 😉
Stovetop Oatmeal Recipes
Stovetop oatmeal recipes take a little extra effort, but they make your oatmeal extra fluffy and delicious. Check out some of the best stovetop oatmeal recipes on the internet below!
- Fluffy Banana Bread Stove Top Oats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal
- Superfood Oatmeal Bowl
- Srawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
Overnight oats are an easy way to meal-prep your breakfast for the week. You only need a few staple ingredients and then different add-ons to make a breakfast that tastes like dessert, but that’s actually healthy!
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Coconut Latte Overnight Oats
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
- Birthday Cake Batter Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chia Overnight Oats
- Espresso Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Brownie Batter Swirl Overnight Oats
- Maple French Toast Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Cover Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring! Make one of these amazing baked oatmeal recipes for a crowd-pleasing breakfast.
- Dark Chocolate Berry Oatmeal Bake
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bake
- Apple Chai Oatmeal Cups
- Best Baked Oatmeal
Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipes
Throw all of your ingredients for one of these slow cooker oatmeal recipes into your crock-pot and you’ve got a healthy breakfast recipe waiting to be eaten.
- Crock-Pot Samoa Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- 10-Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
We’ve gotten lots of questions over the years about oatmeal and thought we could hopefully answer some questions that you have in case you were wondering!
- Is oatmeal good for weight loss? While I am not a registered dietitian, I do know that oatmeal is packed with fiber, antioxidants, and whole grains which are recommended for a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.
- Why is oatmeal good for you? Oatmeal is an excellent grain choice because it’s whole, naturally gluten-free, vegan, and minimally processed.
- How to make oatmeal taste good: There are so many ways to make oatmeal taste good and I suggested using one of the above recipes to do so! For starts, think fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and more!
- How much fiber/carbs/calories are in oatmeal? Per 1/2 cup (dry) serving, there are 3g fiber, 27g carbs, 150 calories, 3g fat in rolled oatmeal. You can find this information HERE.
This recipe is very helpful for my daily routine.
Thank you so much.
easy and good; i almost always use cinnamon and banana or chopped apples to make it sweet enough without having to add brown sugar;
can do this with oat bran instead of oatmeal;
cooks faster like 2 min and has fiber and nutrients with less calores and carbs. a win win.
Wonderful recipe! Delicious, easy to prepare, and healthful. Probably turn into a go-to breakfast. I would suggest you to use Monsoon Harvest Rolled Oats Gluten Free to cook the recipes. Which makes it very tasty and healthy as well. Thanks for the recipes.
I appreciate you sharing. Definitely going to try. Is it possible to prepare this dish with Gluten Free Rolled Oats – Protein Rich Oats from Vihado.in, a clean label food brand? Let me know if I can do that, please. Additionally, I can’t wait to check out the dish because it looks so amazing.
Please don’t tell people this is a natural gluten free recipe. Oats are gluten free, however, unless marked certified GF, the oats are processed in factories with other wheat, barley or rye products, which produces cross contamination of the oats. You should edit the recipe for certified GF oats for those who are celiac.
Yuck, I hate this, such a waste 💩
Very detailed recipes and I just started to eat oats almost 6 months ago.
I make oats paratha for breakfast by adding vegetables in the dough, which is very tasty and healthy as well.
Thanks for so many recipes.
Thank you for sharing. Will definitely try. Can I use Gluten Free Rolled Oats – Protein Rich Oats from True Elements – a clean label food brand Gluten Free Rolled Oats – Protein Rich Oats for preparing this recipe? Please let me know if I can do that? Also the recipe looks so delicious and I can’t wait to try this out !! YAYY !
Burner cereal plans require some additional work, however they make your oats extra soft and delectable. Look at probably the best burner oats plans on the web beneath!
For oatmeal with palatable texture, DO NOT STIR CONTINOUSLY on the stovetop. Just a quick swirl when you add the oats to make sure they are all free to swim and then leave it alone until the timer goes off. Stirring releases the oat starch into the water and makes a slimy mess. Eww. This simple change will make a world of difference in the texture of your rolled oats. Also, Snoqualmie Falls brand rolled oats are superior (no compensation) and have outstanding texture, though they are pricey.
Oats are NOT naturally gluten-free. I’m a celiac disease patient that needs to eat gluten-free and the ingredients that get contaminated with gluten are endless. Oats are grown on the same plot of land that barley is grown. Barley contains gluten. Please donco’t nfuse the celiac audience with the false info
I feel it is a bit unfair to say the author is wrong and trying to confuse the celiac audience with false info. The keyword used is “naturally”. Cross contamination is NOT natural. It is the responsibility of consumers to read labels and warnings which will state any information about the processing facility or other situations that would cause said contamination.
Great post except for your unnecessary use of nasty words, are they really necessary?
Lol what nasty words? Poop?? Grow up lol!!
Bland. Tasted like hospital food. I’m trying to convince myself to eat oatmeal more often for breakfast and this was not the recipe to do it.
How long can I store it?
Amazing ! it is great for people who work or study.
I did the first recipe. The instructions and everything was perfect. I juts thought it tasted too plain. Maybe because i’m not used to eating anything plain. Overall I just didn’t like the finished product.
It looked and smelled great though! Great for insta!
Same for me. Somehow even the banana seemed to lose it it’s flavor. It was a bowl of warm flavorless mush 🙁
Was told I needed more fiber in my diet. Oatmeal in the morning is a great way to do this. Thank you for the recipes I can’t wait to try them all
Im a beginner cook and Im just starting off my health journey. And I must say this recipe is super easy to make and does not take long. And most importantly its delicious! Thank you for sharing .
Glad you loved it!
Kind of weird you recommend artificial vanilla in these healthy recipes. They do look very good, I do prefer to soak oats overnight and use steel cut instead of rolled it is easier for you to digest and get more nutrition from them
Vanilla extract isn’t artificial vanilla. Unless you’re buying artificial vanilla. Buy real stuff and there isn’t really a problem 🤷♀️
I love your recipes