Oatmeal never looked so good. Make this Healthy Superfood Oatmeal Bowl that’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and a hint of Pure Canadian Maple Syrup.
One thing that I never go without is my morning oats….and I mean that 100%. You can even ask Blake. I am a little nutty when it comes to my breakfast and I’d say that 340 days out of the year, it’s a form of oatmeal. It can be any kind of oatmeal…hot, cold, overnight, etc.
Long story longer…I am kind of like a crazy cat lady, but with oats. If it’s on the menu, I’m ordering it!
So this week- I made a giant pot of rolled oatmeal jam packed with seeds…ground flax and chia to be exact. I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk for my liquid and a hint more of vanilla. To bring out all the flavors I added my favorite all natural sweetener- Pure Canadian Maple Syrup <–I go through that stuff like it’s my job.
Topping my oats is where all the fun happens because the options are endless. I wanted to keep a theme of “superfoods” so I added all my favs…
Oh and here’s a little refresher on why I love 100% pure maple syrup so much (I use it in everything)!
- No added crap!
- all-natural sweetener
- paleo and vegan
- tasty as can be
Superfood Oatmeal Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 4
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- Toppings: dried goji berries, raw pistachio nuts, unsweetened shredded dried coconut, almond butter
- Place all ingredients in a medium size pot. Turn heat to medium/high and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until oatmeal has thickened to a porridge.
- Serving Size: ~1 cup, cooked
Here’s more of my favorite oatmeal recipes from the FFF archives…
Happy Sunday Friends!
This post is sponsored by Pure Canadian Maple Syrup. I was compensated, but all opinions are 100% my own.