This parmesan baked zucchini is such an easy and delicious recipe. Everyone gets their veggies in with these zucchini coins that are tossed in olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
The BEST Baked Zucchini
Is it that time of year where you have so much zucchini that you don’t know what to do with all of it? This baked zucchini is the perfect recipe to use up your zucchini and enjoy it at the same time.
here’s why we love this recipe
- It is a veggie dish that has delicious flavor.
- This baked zucchini is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- You can make this recipe your own by adding different spices and ingredients.
- It is a great recipe to make when you need to use up some zucchini and get your veggies in.
- This baked zucchini is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- If you’re looking for zucchini side dishes, this recipe is a great option.
Tools You Need
This roasted zucchini recipe is very simple, but it helps to have the right tools to get the job done! Below are a few tools that may help.
- Olive oil– you need some kind of binder to allow all of your ingredients to stick to the zucchini. We highly recommend olive oil but you can use any choice of oil that you would like.
- Zucchinis– zucchinis come in all shapes and sizes. You are going to need 4 medium sized zucchinis (~6-8 inches).
- Parmesan cheese- finely grated parmesan is what you’re looking for. We do not recommend using shredded parmesan. It tends not to stay stuck to the zucchini,
- Spices– we used a spice blend of garlic, salt (kosher salt or table salt), pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat.
How to Make Baked Zucchini
- Get the baking sheet ready. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up and then place an oven safe cooling rack on a large baking sheet. We highly suggest using the cooling rack, it allows the zucchini to bake more evenly.
- Prep the spices + cheese. Mix the parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Slice the zucchini. Get your zucchini prepped by rinsing the zucchini and the slice them into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Dredge the zucchini. The best way to make sure all the zucchini coins are coated in parmesan is to dredge one zucchini coin at a time. Dip a coin in olive oil, let excess olive oil drip off, and then dip the zucchini in the parmesan mixture being sure that that each zucchini is covered in parmesan. Place each zucchini coin on the cooling rack and repeat.
- Bake. Place the zucchini in the oven and bake at 400ºF for 6-7 minutes.
- Broil. For the last minute turn the oven to broil so the tops of the zucchini get golden brown.
- Enjoy. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 3-5 minutes before removing them from the cooling rack. If you remove them too soon the parmesan cheese will stick to the cooling rack.
If you are serving this baked zucchini to a crowd, serve them on a pan or platter and sprinkle fresh herbs over the top and serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice to elevate them as an appetizer.
Tips + Tricks
Add Different Spices
We kept the spice blend for this baked zucchini super simple so that you can taste both the zucchini and the saltiness of the parmesan.
If you want to spice things up, feel free to add a teaspoon or two of any of the spice blends below to your parmesan mixture!
Homemade ranch seasoning- The best homemade ranch seasoning recipe on the internet. You’ll want to have a jar of this ranching seasoning over any store-bought packet…trust me!
Everything bagel seasoning- Everything Bagel Seasoning needs to be the new all-purpose seasoning that you put on everything! It’s made with just 6 ingredients and very addicting.
Homemade taco seasoning- Make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning with just 9 ingredients you likely already have in your spice cupboard, and you’ll be on your way to the most flavorful meat or veggie tacos in no time
Moroccan seasoning- Moroccan spices are the perfect flavor addition for chicken thighs, roasted vegetables, and tomato-based stews!
Get them extra crispy
There are a few ways you can make your zucchini a bit more crispy.
- Try slicing the zucchini a little bit thinner. They will taste more like zucchini chips!
- Roast the zucchini at a higher temperature
- Try to fry them in an air fryer instead!
Delicious Zucchini Recipes
Got extra zucchini? Check out some of our other favorite zucchini recipes u003ca href=u0022https://fitfoodiefinds.com/healthy-ways-to-use-a-zucchini/u0022u003ehereu003c/au003e. The options are endless!
Yes, you can use an air fryer! Check out our Air Fryer Zucchini recipe for all the details
We bake this zucchini for 6-7 minutes at 400ºF and then broiled it for one minute.
To make sure baked zucchini doesn’t get soggy, be sure to bake the zucchini for a short amount of time at a high heat.
Yes, yellow squash will work exactly the same way as zucchini.
How to Store Baked Zucchini
We recommend storing the baked zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Parmesan Baked Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and place a metal rack onto a large baking sheet. Spray the metal rack and baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. set aside.
- Next, place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Dredge each oiled zucchini round through the parmesan mixture. Be sure that the zucchini rounds are completely covered in the parmesan mixture. Place each round on the metal rack on the baking sheet.
- Once all the rounds are on the baking rack, place the zucchini in the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes at 400ºF.
- Lastly, turn the oven to broil and broil the zucchini for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the zucchini is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve immediately.