This perfectly cooked Air Fryer Zucchini is tossed in garlic and parmesan cheese and comes out so tasty!
It’s Zucchini Season
It’s zucchini season, friends, and if you’re anything like us, you’re wondering what to do with all those delicious zuccs!
Let’s Make Zucchini in the Air Fryer
We all love the air fryer for its ability to cook things super quickly and to perfect crispiness, and this air fryer zucchini is no exception.
With a short list of flavorful ingredients and simple instructions, you’re just 5 minutes away from enjoying these air fryer zucchini cutie pies.
In this post, you’ll learn how to cut, season, and cook zucchini in the air fryer. Let’s get started.
These crunchy air fryer zucchini fries are the only way you’ll ever want to cook zucchini again made with a parmesan and panko breading!
Ingredients You Need
- Olive oil: you need some kind of binder to allow all of your ingredients to stick to the zucchini. We highly recommend olive oil but you can use any choice of oil that you would like.
- Zucchini: zucchinis come in all shapes and sizes. You are going to need 4 medium-sized zucchini (~6-8 inches).
- Parmesan cheese: finely grated parmesan is what you’re looking for! We do not recommend using shredded parmesan for this recipe because it doesn’t stick very well to the zucchini.
- Spices: we used a spice blend of garlic, salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat. If you’re looking to jazz up the spices in this air fryer zucchini, you definitely can! We make some recommendations below 😀
Latest Air Fryer Recipes
Crispy Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
These air fryer chicken nuggets come out so crispy on the outside and moist on the inside and there is…
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
These air fryer fish tacos make for an easy dinner that the whole family will love! The flaky white fish…
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
This air fryer chicken thighs recipe will get you super crispy chicken without deep frying! Dry rub your chicken thighs…
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
This Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin recipe is super moist on the inside with a crispy outside and is ready to…
Air Fryer Salmon
Air fryer salmon comes out so tender on the inside and perfectly crisped up on the outside. We flavor ours…
Air Fryer Zucchini Tutorial
Make sure to scroll all the way down to the recipe card to get the full ingredient list and written recipe.
Preheat Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF, and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Prep Zucchini Slices
Next, add the zucchini coins to a bowl and toss them with olive oil.
Add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a separate bowl and mix.
Dredge each oiled zucchini round through the parmesan mixture.
Pro tip: Be sure that the zucchini rounds are completely covered in the parmesan mixture, and then place each zucchini round on a separate plate. This will ensure that the parm mixture crisps up perfectly in the air fryer.
Cook Zucchini in Air Fryer
Once all the rounds are coated, line the bottom of the air fryer with the coated zucchini. If you have a smaller air fryer you may have to cook the zucchini in a couple batches.
Spray the zucchini with non-stick cooking spray and cook the zucchini in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove & Enjoy!
Carefully remove the zucchini from the air fryer with a spatula or fork. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
We kept the spice blend for this air fryer zucchini super simple so that you can taste both the zucchini and the saltiness of the parmesan.
But if you want to spice things up, feel free to add a teaspoon or two of any of the spice blends below to your parmesan mixture!
Homemade ranch seasoning: The best homemade ranch seasoning recipe on the internet. You’ll want to have a jar of this ranching seasoning over any store-bought packet…trust me!
Everything bagel seasoning: Everything Bagel Seasoning needs to be the new all-purpose seasoning that you put on everything! It’s made with just 6 ingredients and very addicting.
Homemade taco seasoning: Make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning with just 9 ingredients you likely already have in your spice cupboard, and you’ll be on your way to the most flavorful meat or veggie tacos in no time
Moroccan seasoning: Moroccan spices are the perfect flavor addition for chicken thighs, roasted vegetables, and tomato-based stews!
Dipping Sauce Ideas
Feel free to eat this parmesan air fryer zucchini as-is, or dip it in your favorite sauce! Here are some ideas:
Want to Make Baked Zucchini?
Don’t have an air fryer? Or want to bake these instead? You can make this same recipe but in the oven! Follow the instructions over on our Baked Zucchini recipe.
This air fryer zucchini is best served immediately (when it’s at its crispiest!), but will keep in the fridge if you have leftovers. We recommend storing this air fryer zucchini in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Next, place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Dredge each oiled zucchini round through the parmesan mixture. Be sure that the zucchini rounds are completely covered in the parmesan mixture. Place each zucchini round on a separate plate.
- Once all the rounds are coated, line the bottom of the air fryer with the coated zucchini. If you have a smaller air fryer you may have to cook the zucchini in a couple batches.
- Spray the zucchini with non-stick cooking spray and cook the zucchini in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the zucchini from the air fryer with a spatula or fork.
- Serve immediately.