One of my hands-down favorite recipes from NYNR involved two of my favorite things…quinoa and breakfast! During one of our prep days for NYNR content development at Yellow Barn Wellness, we made this recipe…so I got to taste first hand how delicious it really is.
I’ve been making it a tad bit differently in my neck of the woods, so I’ll share my version…
Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa
- -1C quinoa, dry, and rinsed
- -2C full fat coconut milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk (That’s what I use!)
- -1C blueberries
- -1T honey
- -1t vanilla
- -slivered almonds
- In a medium sized pot, bring 1C dry quinoa and 2C milk to a rolling boil. Then, reduce heat to low and add honey, vanilla, and 1/2C blueberries.
- Cover, and let cook for about 12-15 minutes or until all of the liquid is gone.
- Serve……warm, topped with more blueberries, slivered almonds, and another drizzle of honey.
- Serve……cold, topped with a splash of ice cold milk, more blueberries, and silvered almonds.
Other toppings or add ins that would be delicious with this recipe are….
1. Different Berries
2. Nut Butter
3. Chia Seeds
4. Different Extract
6. Walnuts or Pecans
Don’t stick with my add ins, if you like blackberries better…make it your own!
Car Search Update
Last night, Blake and I did some driving around. I want to get a feel for what kind of body I like in a car. I also do a TON of online research. Like I said in yesterday’s post, I am looking into Smaller SUV’s and one of my must-have’s is great gas mileage because of my commute. What I have decided is to go with a “newly used car” because it is a lot less expensive (don’t forget I’m a recent grad!) Here are some of my top considerations thus far…
1. Nissan Rogue
2. Hyundai Santa Fe
3. Nissan Morano
4. Rav4 Limited
Any more recommendations would be great!