Kick your day off right with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats! Packed with 13g of protein and 11g of fiber, this healthy breakfast can’t be beat.
High-Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to start your day! Packed with protein, whole grains, and fiber, this breakfast will get your day going with the energy you need. Plus, each serving has 13g of protein.
These overnight oats are also perfect for meal prep, so you’re not making a time-intensive breakfast every morning of the week. And you really can’t beat this chocolate peanut butter flavor combo.
What You Need
These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats pack a tall list of clean ingredients that you likely have on hand already. Need to make a few dietary substitutions? We got you:
- Rolled oats: this recipe calls for rolled oats AKA old-fashioned oats, but you can always use quick-cooking as well! If you’re hoping to explore steel cut, check out our recipe for overnight steel cut oats here and modify that one to add peanut butter and cocoa powder!
- Peanut butter: Yes, this is called chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, but if you can’t tolerate peanut butter, any kind of nut or seed butter will also work for this!
- Cocoa powder: The cocoa powder gives these overnight oats the delicious chocolatey taste without adding sugar. If you’re looking to add additional protein to this recipe, sub out equal parts chocolate protein powder for the cocoa powder!
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are an important part of many of our overnight oats recipes. They add great texture to overnight oats while packing a punch of protein!
- Honey: Out of honey? Try maple syrup or agave nectar! You can even skip this if you’re trying to cut out sugar altogether.
- Almond milk: any kind of milk will work for this recipe, including: dairy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, etc.
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
As always, we encourage you to make breakfast your own! We love adding protein boosters and extra fruit to our overnight oats. Check out some of our recommendations:
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt (Greek or non-dairy)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
Top these delicious chocolate peanut butter overnight oats with whatever your heart desires. We love sprinkling on any (or any combo!) of the following:
- Drizzle of peanut butter
- Handful of mini chocolate chips
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Handful of raspberries
How to Store Overnight Oats
We love storing our overnight oats in a glass container, in the refrigerator. Feel free to double or triple this recipe so that you can meal prep your way into the week!
Overnight oats will last in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Since this recipe does not have any fruit involved, it may last even longer.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl or mason jar and mix until combined.
- Seal tightly and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Eat cold or heated up, whatever you prefer!