Sweet potato pizzas are made with pizza sauce or pesto and any of your favorite pizza toppings such as mozzarella, basil, and mini pepperonis!
What You Need for this Sweet Potato Pizza Recipe
- Sweet potatoes: any color sweet potato works!
- Sauce: we tested this recipe with both pizza sauce and pesto. Feel free to use store bought or homemade.
- Toppings: we kept things simple with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil, but you can make these your own with anything you have on hand!
The amazing thing about this fun recipe is that you can really make it your own with the toppings you choose!
Meat: top your pizza with Italian sausage and mini pepperoni for a meaty version.
Cheese: while we kept things classic with mozzarella, you can use any kind of shredded cheese you want. Heck, you can even use fresh mozzarella. Here are some ides:
Slice them into rounds!
Instead of slicing them into strips, you can slice your little sweet potato pizzas into rounds!
Easy Sweet Potato Pizzas
- 1 large sweet potato washed and dried
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or pesto
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup diced fresh basil
- Preheat your oven or grill to 375ºF.
- Prepare the sweet potato by slicing the ends off. Then, turn the potato onto one end and create your "pizzas" by slicing the sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Rub the top of each piece of sweet potato with olive oil (or spray with olive oil cooking spray) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill or cover a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Transfer the sweet potato pizzas onto the tin foil and bake for around 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is almost fork tender.
- Flip the sweet potato pizzas over and spread on 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce or about 1/2 tablespoon of pesto. Sprinkle on one tablespoon mozzarella cheese and add a dash of fresh oregano. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove them from the heat and top with fresh basil.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information includes marinara sauce, not pesto!
- We wrote the recipe to serve 2, but know that you can easily double or triple this to serve more.
- If you want grill marks, but don’t have a grill, feel free to use a grill pan.