This Fresh Caprese Quinoa Salad is packed with protein, veggies, and all of your favorite summer flavors. All you need are cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, quinoa, and a healthy homemade dressing!
If you are looking for a fresh, EASY and healthy quinoa salad recipe, this fresh Caprese salad is it!
A Go-To Summer Salad
Please tell me that you started drooling the moment you saw these photos. WE DID. Caprese salad is one of our favorite go-to salads. Especially in the summer!
Lee and I fell in love with Caprese salad, long before we developed this quinoa salad recipe and even before Fit Foodie Finds was even a twinkle in our eyes (this is Linley btw). I know that we have mentioned this before, but I absolutely LOVE talking about the fact that Lee and I fell in love in Italy.
Anyway, we fell in love with Italian food and culture and this Caprese salad takes me back. Perhaps Team Fit Foodie needs to take another trip to Italy for more Italian food inspiration (HECK YES). Forgive me for getting sidetracked from this gorgeous salad. Let’s focus, people.
Side Dish or Meal — Your Choice!
This fresh Caprese quinoa salad is one of my favorite quinoa salad recipes on Fit Foodie Finds! I love that you can use this Caprese salad as a side dish, a salad for lunch, or make a double batch and use it for meal-prep throughout the week!
You won’t believe how incredibly easy it is to make this quinoa salad. Let’s get into it:
Caprese Quinoa Salad Ingredients
I know, it’s not a long list and it is just as easy as it sounds to whip this salad up in no time! I’m telling you, this salad is the perfect summer salad.
How to Make Caprese Quinoa Salad
Cook Quinoa: In a medium-sized pan, bring water and quinoa to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low until all of the water is absorbed.
Cool Quinoa: Cool the cooked quinoa in a bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour before preparing the salad.
Prep Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil: To prepare the salad, halve the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Then, give your basil a rough chop.
Add in Dressing: Mix in your olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper (to taste), and then add all ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl.
Mix it All Together & Enjoy! Mix all the ingredients well. Make sure everything is covered in the delicious olive oil and balsamic dressing. Serve immediately, or store for up to 3-5 days in an air-tight container in the fridge!
More Quinoa Salads
- Golden Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Tabouli Recipe
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- BEST Quinoa Salad Recipes
Fresh Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 2/3 cup quinoa uncooked
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls halved
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, bring 1 1/3 cup water and 2/3 cup quinoa to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low until all of the water is absorbed.
- Cool the cooked quinoa in the refrigerator for at least an hour before preparing the salad.
- To prepare the salad, mix all ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Make sure everything is covered in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and enjoy!