Coming at you with a delicious and healthy blueberry cobbler recipe! This easy blueberry cobbler is made with fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and a grain-free sugar cookie cobbler topping. We suggest serving it with some vanilla ice cream and extra lemon zest.
This blueberry cobbler recipe is what would happen if a warm blueberry compote married a sugar cookie. GUYS. This recipe is legit and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
I am a blueberry girl. They’re hands-down my favorite berry. I put them in my oatmeal, on top of my toast, in my frozen yogurt, the list goes on. I love that they’re slightly sweet, yet packed with so many amazing antioxidants. I started FFF almost 8 years ago and to this day, I refer to blueberries as bloobies. Call me crazy, but I think that nickname is very fitting coming from me. AKA the real name of this recipe should be Healthy Bloobie Cobbler. LOL.
Like I mentioned above the cobbler part of this recipe is more like a buttery sugar cookie. Once you bake this bad boy, the chunks of dough will turn golden brown and be slightly crunch. Everything you’ve ever wanted in a blueberry cobbler.
One of the best things about cobbler recipes is that you can easily swap out the flavors for something more seasonal! For example, you could use any other berry, apple chunks, and maybe even rhubarb. Instead of lemon zest, think orange zest or almond extract. Options are endless. Let’s talk about exactly what you need for this recipe.
For the Blueberry Filling
This blueberry filling is fresh and delicious. The combination of lemon juice and honey will give you a perfectly sweetened filling. The tapioca flour is something you may not have in your cabinet, but it’s an important thickening agent. You can always swap that out for cornstarch instead!
- fresh blueberries
- lemon juice⠀⠀⠀
- tapioca flour
For the Cobbler
The cobbler part of this recipe is a spin-off of our grain-free sugar cookie cut-outs. It’s made with a combination of almond and coconut flour, sweetened with honey, and held together with an egg. It’s just perfect.
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest from one lemon
- pinch salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup water⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup lemon juice⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup honey⠀⠀
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (or cornstarch)⠀⠀
- pinch of salt⠀
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- First, prepare cobbler topping. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, in a separate bowl mix wet ingredients together, except for the coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well and then the coconut oil, and mix again. Set aside.
- Then, prepare the blueberry filling. Add all ingredients for the filling except for the blueberries into a 10-inch cast iron pan. Heat over medium/high heat and whisk together until tapioca flour dissolves.
- Add blueberries and mix and then bring to a boil. Remove from heat once boiling.
- Add the cobbler topping by forming small balls and flattening them. Place them on the top of the blueberry mixture. Repeat until cobbler topping is gone.
- Place cast iron skillet on top of a cookie sheet (in case it bubbles) and into the oven at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes or until cobbler topping is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipping cream.
Check out more of our…
Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Almond Joy Coconut Butter Cups
- Sneaky Beet Brownies
- Chocolate Protein Buckeye Balls
- Single-Serve Pumpkin Mug Cake